What is DIR-3 KYC?
DIR-3 KYC is a new form launched by the MCA. This form will be used to update the KYC of all directors.
As per the provisions of Rule 12A of the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, every individual who is allotted DIN as of 31st March of a financial year must submit his KYC on or before 30th September of the immediately next financial year.
Following is the list of required documents to file DIR-3 KYC:
1) Proof of permanent address- Copy of Electricity Bill, Aadhaar Card
2) Copy of Aadhar card & Passport are mandatory if it is assigned
3) Proof of present address(if it is different from permanent address)- Copy Electricity Bill, Rent Agreement
4) Optional Attachment if any- Copy of Pan card, Voter’s ID Card
5) Applicant’s Digital Signature
All above-mentioned documents should be self-attested.
Price/Charge of such institution
Form DIR-3 KYC, if filed within the due date of the respective financial year, no fee is payable. However, if filed after the due date, for DIN status ‘Deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’ a fee of Rs 5000/- shall be payable
If any false information provided in the form shall be punishable u/s 448 & 449 of the companies act,2013
You have to download form DIR 3 KYC form MCA portal, link mentioned below http://www.mca.gov.in/MinistryV2/companyforms download.html
Steps to fill the form
1) To open a form Adobe Reader DC has to be installed in your system.
2) Enter the allotted DIN and click on the pre-fill button given in the form, after clicking on the pre-fill button the name will be fetched in the form as per your DIN application.
3) Further enter your name & DOB as per PAN detail, enter your father’s name as per their PAN detail. First name & last name is compulsory.
4) Select appropriate options as per your citizenship, residential status, Gender.
5) Enter pan number & verify it by clicking on the “verify income tax Pan” button
6)If you have an Aadhaar card & valid passport choose the ‘YES” option & enter the Aadhar & Passport number in the given place.
7)Unique Mobile Number & Email ID have to be mentioned, after pre scrutinizing the Form OTP will be sent on given Mobile Number & Email ID.
8) Enter your permanent residential address, if your present residential address is different from the permanent residential address then also mentioned the present residential address.
9) After filling in all required information attached proof as given in the form.
10) Next step is to attach the digital signature of the applicant.
If you don’t have the signature of the applicant on whose behalf you are filling the form then you have to mail the form to the applicant to attach their digital signature.
11)After attaching applicant DSC form have to be certified by practicing CA, CS & CMAProfessionals can do certification by attaching their DSC and mentioning their membership number.
12) Once you complete the above-mentioned procedure, you have to click on the ‘Prescrutiny’ button given in the form which will enable the send OTP button if you fill in all required details.
13) You have to enter OTP which will come on the Mobile number & Mail ID mentioned in the form & save it.
Steps to submit the form
1) You have to log in on the MCA portal with the login credentials of the applicant. In the case of the company, you can submit KYC for all directors through the company’s login.
2) Once you log in go to form upload
3) Select an option of normal form, browse it and submit the form.
4) SRN number will generate on successful submission of the form. Save it for future reference.
This article is for information only. For any other information please contact on mail firstname.lastname@example.org and WhatsApp 8879882025.