Indian Overseas Bank
Central Office, 763, ANNA SALAI,
Chennai – 600002
EMPANELMENT OF CONCURRENT AUDITORS
INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK invites application from eligible Chartered Accountant firms for assignment of Concurrent Audit in the prescribed format available on our website https://www.iob.in/tenderlist.aspx. The list of branches available for concurrent audit and the terms and conditions are published on our website. The filled in application should be submitted in pdf. format to email ID firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 06.07.2018.
General Manager (Inspection)
GUIDANCE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS FOR EMPANELMENT OF CONCURRENT AUDITORS
1. The application downloaded from the website should be filled in and duly signed by Authorized Signatory and should be emailed to email@example.com in pdf format on or before 06.07.2018.
2. The audit firm is to select only 3 branches, nearer to their office/branch office and the distance is to be mentioned for the selected branch. Applications without distance will not be accepted.
3. UCN No. allotted by RBI should be mentioned in the application without fail.
4. There are five branches in the list specifically for Category 1 Audit firms and for remaining branches all category Audit Firms can apply.
5. All the applications received up to 5.00 p.m. will be acknowledged on the same day through email. If acknowledgement is not received before 6.00 p.m. please call 044-28519563.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR EMPANELMENT OF CONCURRENT AUDITORS
The following basic criteria will be adhered to in selection of audit firms for conducting concurrent audit.
– The firm should be selected from RBI panel of auditors;
– The Audit firm should possess a minimum of 5 years experience in Bank audit;
However, preference shall be given to
a. Partnership firms with 2 partners having FCA qualification.
b. Minimum one partner having the qualification of Information System Auditor (CISA / DISA)
c. Atleast one partner should have completed certificate course on concurrent audit in banks conducted by Institute of Chararted Accountants of India (ICAI).
d. Atleast one partner should have completed ‘Certificate Course on Forex and Treasury Management’ conducted by ICAI for Authorised Dealers Branch.
e. The firm having exposure in conducting concurrent audit of the Bank branches for a few public sector/major private sector banks.
– The Concurrent Audit in credit concentrated branches having advances of Rs. 200 crores and above, the concurrent firm shall be in category I with minimum of 5 years experience.
– The firm or its proprietor/partners have not been the subject of inquiries in the past by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India as per the provisions of Section 21 of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949, and no such inquiry is pending, initiated, or contemplated by the Institute as on the date of application as well as date of acceptance of assignment;
– Where there are group of firms of Chartered Accountants having common partners, only one of the firms in the group will be eligible for assignment of Concurrent Audit; The firm would normally be allotted Concurrent Audit of only one branch of the Bank;
– Besides Chartered Accountants, the firm should have other qualified and experienced staff, infrastructure and office within an approachable distance from the location of the auditee branch / office to undertake Concurrent Audit;
– The firm which conducts Statutory Audit of Indian Overseas Bank shall not be considered for appointment as Concurrent Auditor by the Bank during that year and the next year;
– The firm which has a partner / proprietor who is also a partner / proprietor of the firm entrusted with the Statutory Audit of Indian Overseas Bank shall not be considered for appointment as Concurrent Auditors in Indian Overseas Bank. In other words, sister/ associate concerns of the firm carrying out Statutory Audit of Indian Overseas Bank shall not to be considered for appointment as Concurrent Auditors;
– If any of the Directors of Indian Overseas Bank is a partner / proprietor in a firm, such firm shall not be considered for appointment as Concurrent Auditor;
– The assignment of concurrent audit given by us should not be given to anybody on subcontract basis
– The firm should have necessary office set up within the same city or periphery of allotted branch/office and adequate personnel to ensure proper deployment and timely completion of assignments.
– Partner/Proprietor should visit the branch twice in a week and also participate in discussion with Branch Manager on deficiencies found during that week.
– Mere submission of application for Concurrent Audit & fulfilling the criteria thereof does not, in any way, constitute guarantee for assigning any type of audit of the Bank.
– All the applications submitted and received in physical form prior to this process of inviting online applications stand cancelled.
– If firm or partners are availing any credit facility/ies from any branch of Indian Overseas Bank or have guaranteed any credit facility, please furnish the following information in a letter addressed to General Manager (Inspection) and dispatch by Speed Post.
Name of the Partner
Name of Bank’s branch
Nature of dealings / facilities
Banking since with A/c. No
– The monthly fees payable shall be evaluated on the business figures of the branches as on 31.03.2018. Tax, GST shall be paid separately. TDS shall be deducted as per rules. TDS will be deducted as per rules.
|Date of Opening of accepting Application||27.06.2018|
|Last date for submission||06.07.2018|
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018