Income Tax Updates for the Month of November 2019 (Notifications, Circulars and other amendments)
1. Tax deducted u/s 194M (TDS by Individual/HUF) to be deposited within 30 days from the end of the month in which tax deducted
a) Sec 194M:
b) Due date & Forms
2. While filing TDS returns, banks/post office has to furnish details of cash withdrawals on which tax was not deducted along with reason for the same.
3. CBDT facilitates use of Aadhaar Number in the place of PAN by notifying various forms
CBDT notified various existing forms in which Aadhaar Number can be used in place of PAN. Below are the few notified forms;
4. CBDT designated Special Court (one or more first class magistrate) in the state of Gujarat for the purpose of trail of offences punishable under Chapter XXII (Offences & Prosecutions) of the Act
The Central Government may designate one or more first class magistrate courts as Special Court in consultation with the chief Justice of the High Court for trail of offences punishable under Chapter XXII of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Some of the offences punishable under Chapter XXII (Offences & Prosecutions) are mentioned below:
> Fails to pay TDS to the Central Government (CG) under the provisions of Chapter XVIIB
> Fails to pay TCS to the CG
> Fails to pay Dividend Distribution Tax (DDT)
> Fails to facilitate to inspect the books of account/other documents to the authorized officer u/s 132(1)(iib) – Search & Seizure
After consultation by CG with the Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court, CBDT has notified Special Court in different areas in the state of Gujarat.
5. CBDT notified International Centre for Research in Agroforestry as approved “Scientific Research Association” for the purpose of deduction u/s 35(1)(ii) from AY 2019-20 onwards- CBDT Notification No. 99/2019-Income Tax dated 27-Nov-2019
6. CBDT notified National Stock Exchange of India Limited as a “Recognized Association” for the purpose of trading in derivatives – CBDT Notification No.100/2019-Income Tax dated 27-Nov-2019
7. CBDT amended Rule 10 of Prohibition of Benami Property Transactions Rules, 2016
|Sub-rule (1) of Rule 10||An appeal to the Appellate Tribunal under sub-section (1) of section 46 of the Act** shall be filed in Form No. 3 annexed to these rules.||An appeal under sub-section (1) and sub-section (1A) of section 46 of the Act shall be made to the Appellate Tribunal in Form 3 annexed to these rules.|
|Sub-rule (2) of Rule 10||At the time of filing, every appeal shall be accompanied by a fee of ten thousand rupees.||An appeal filed under
i. Sub-section (1) of section 46 of the Act shall be accompanied by a fee of ten thousand rupees
ii. sub-section (1A) of section 46 of the Act shall be accompanied by a fee of two thousand rupees
|Sub-rule (4) of Rule 10||sub-section (1)||sub-section (1) or sub-section (1A)|
** Act refers to Prohibition of Benami Property Transactions Act, 1988
8. Income-tax compliance calendar for the month of December, 2019
|SI No||Due Date||Activity|
Thank you for the patient reading. Hope this document has added value to your knowledge.
For feedback or comments, please write to [email protected]
This document had been written to provide updates under Income Tax in a simple manner. The author shall not be responsible for any of the decision made based on the contents of this document.