Government of Maharashtra,
Department of Goods & Services Tax,
Ease of Doing Business Initiative!
DO YOU KNOW?
1. Start to end online faceless process of GST Registration
- GST Registration given through common portal https://www.gst.gov.in.
- If no action is taken by Registrating Authority within 3 Working Days, Registration Application is auto-approved.
- Any defect in Registration Application is communicated online and compliance to which is also taken online. Registration process is paperless.
- Applicant need not to visit Registration Authority for any reason.
2. No Fee for GST Registration
- There is no fee charged for GST Registration.
- There is no fee charged for voluntary GST registration as well
3. Bank Account Details not mandatory for GST Registration
4. Payment under GST
- Payment under GST is completely online.
- For small Taxpayers, facility of Over-The-Counter (OTC) Payment is available.
- e-Payment and OTC payment can be made through 25 banks including nationalised and private banks.
- Payment can be made through NEFT/RTGS using all banks including
- Nationalised, Cooperative and Private banks.
5. Returns under GST
- Completely online filing of Returns on GST common portal
- Offline tool is available for preparation of return.
- Normal taxpayers can view inward supply invoices (B2B) in GSTR-2A
- New GST return in form SAHAJ, SUGAM and Noraml to be rolled out w.e.f. 1 April 2020.
6. Completely online and Faceless process of GST Refund
- Provisional Refund processing and disbursement is completely online and faceless.]
- Provisional Refund is disbursed within 22 Days from the date of Refund Application (more than 95% cases)
- Timely disposal of Refund related complaints.
- Refund disbursement through NEFT directly in the registered bank account.
7. SMS Services
- Taxpayers are communicated of important events such as successful approval SMS Services and disburstment of Refund, extension of due date for return etc.
8. Timelines are specified for Profession Tax Registration
- For helping Taxpayers in getting timely service of Registration, Department notified Registration under PT/MVAT/CST under the Maharashtra Right to Public Services Act, 2015.
- If the Registration Application is correct and complete, PT registration is granted within 1 day.
9. Registration under PT/MVAT/CST through Single Window System (MAITRI Portal)
- Department integrated Registration under PT/MVAT/CST with MAITRI portal of Industries Department.
10. Service Centers-Helpline established at all locations
- Department established dedicated helpdesks/service centers at all locations for providing basic services such as assisting Taxpayers in preparing and filing returns under GST Acts.
- These helpdesk are operated by Departmental officials.
11. Authority for Advance Ruling and Appellate Authority for Advance Ruling established under GST Act.
- The Maharashtra Auhtority for Advance Ruling and The Maharashtra Appellate Authority for Advance Ruling constituted by the Government of Maharashtra.
- Procedure, checklist and list of orders passed are available on portal of the Department.
12. Information pertaining to rate of Tax is available on the portal.
- Tax rate schedule for all the Acts (PT/MVAT/CST/GST) is available on the portal of the Department.
13. Start to end online process of Registration
- Registration process under MVAT/CST/PT/GST is start to end online. Applicant is not required to visit Department.
- If any defect is found, it is communicated to the Applicant online and the reply/compliance to the same defect memo is also taken online.
- There is no fee for Profession Tax Registration.
- Registration Certificate is avaliable for download and also sent by email.
14. Start to end online process of Payments and Return.
- PTRC Return filing is start to end online.
- Small Taxayers up toRs. 1 Lakh liability can file Yearly return
- No return for PTEC.
- Payment of PT, MVAT, CST and GST is online only. Over the counter facility is avaialbe for smallfarners.
- PT can be paid through android ind iOS mobile app ‘MahaPT’.