To enable smooth movement of goods across India, E-Way Bill will come into effect from 01.02.2018. This bill is required where supplier/recipient or transporter moves goods of value of Rs. 50, 000/- and above. The supplier of goods, recipient of goods, transporter of goods and tax officers will benefit with E-Way Bill.
OBJECTIVES OF E-WAY BILL UNDER GST
1. Single E-Way Bill for hassle free movement of goods throughout the Country.
2. Eliminates the need for separate transit pass in each State to move goods.
3. Moving from departmental policing Model to self-declaration Model for movement of goods.
BENEFITS OF E-WAY BILL
1. Taxpayers and transporters do not have to visit tax officers/check points for generation of E-Way Bill for movement of goods across various States
2. Enables faster movement of goods and optimum use of vehicles/resources as waiting time at check points gets eliminated
3. User friendly system
4. Easy and Quick generation of E-Way Bill
5. Smoother and simpler tax administration, processing and verification of E-Way Bill by Tax officers
PROVISIONS AND RULES OF E-WAY BILL
1. E-Way Bill is invalid without vehicle number for transportation of goods for a distance of more than 10 KM
2. E-Way Bill with consignment should have latest vehicle number, which is carrying the consignment
3. No E-Way Bill is required for:
a. Goods exempted for purpose of E-Way Bill (Annexure to Rule 138(14) of CGST Rules Chapter XVI)
b. Transport of goods in non-motorized conveyance
4. Random verification can be done by Officer
5. Verification/Inspection report shall be uploaded by officer within specified time
6. Validity of the E-Way Bill is one day for every 100 KM or part of it
7. The conveyance shall carry copy of invoice/bill challan and copy of E-Way Bill or E-Way Bill number
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE ON E-WAY BILL PORTAL FOR GST REGISTERED USERS
1. Register by entering GSTIN on E-Way Bill portal.
2. Authentication is done with an OTP sent on their registered mobile number.
3. User can create Username and password to use E-Way Bill portal.
ENROLLMENT PROCEDURE ON E-WAY BILL PORTAL FOR GST UNREGISTERED TRANSPORTERS/ OTHERS
1. Enroll by providing PAN details on E-Way Bill Portal
2. Authentication is done with OTP sent through Aadhaar registered mobile number
3. User enters other business details in E-Way Bill Portal
4. User can create Username and password to use E-Way Bill Portal
MODES TO GENERATE E-WAY BILL UNDER GST
1. Web — Online using browser on laptop or desktop or phone etc
2. Android based Mobile App on mobile phones
3. Via SMS through registered Mobile number
4. Via API (Application program interface) — i.e. integration of IT system of user with E-Way Bill system for generation of E-Way Bill
5. Tool based Bulk generation of E-Way Bills
6. Third party based system of Suvidha Provider
FEATURES OF THE E-WAY BILL PORTAL
1. User can create master of Customers, Suppliers, and Products for ease of generation of E-Way Bill.
2. User can monitor E-Way Bills generated on his/her account/behalf
3. Multiple modes for E-Way Bill generation for ease of use
4. User can create sub-users and Roles on portal for generation of E-Way Bill
5. Alerts are sent to users via mail and SMS on registered mail id/mobile number
6. Vehicle Number can be entered either by supplier/recipient of goods who generates E-Way Bill or transporter
7. QR code is printed on each E-Way Bill for ease of seeing details
8. Recipient of the consignment can accept or reject E-Way Bill, if it does not belongs to him within 72 hours of generation
9. The Generator of the E-Way Bill can cancel it within 24 hours
10. Consolidated E-Way Bill can be generated for vehicle carrying multiple E-Way Bill consignment.
(Updated on 18.01.2018)