To file an Income Tax Form electronically, you should download the Income Tax Form Utility applicable, fill and generate an XML. This XML should be uploaded in the application post LOGIN.
Steps to follow:
- GO TO ‘Downloads’ section and select applicable Income Tax Form of the desired Assessment Year OR Login to e-Filing application and GO TO ‘Downloads’–>’Download Forms’ and select applicable Income Tax Form of the desired Assessment Year.
- Download the excel utility of the Income Tax Form.
- Fill the excel utility and Validate.
- Generate an XML file and save in desired path/destination in your desktop/system.
- LOGIN to e-Filing application and GO TO –> e-File –> Upload Form.
- Select the Income Tax Form and the Assessment Year.
- Browse and Select the XML file
- Upload Digital Signature Certificate.
- Click ‘SUBMIT‘.
- On successful upload, the Income Tax Form is sent to Assessee’s workflow for acceptance.
- The Assessee should LOGIN to e-Filing application, GO TO Worklist and accept/reject the Income Tax Form.
- a – On Approval, the Form is successfully submitted with e-Filing application. No further action is required.
b – If Rejected, the Tax Professional can file the Income Tax Form again and follow the same process as mentioned in 10, 11 & 12a.
- You can upload the Forms after you have registered in e-Filing.
- Assessee can “Add CA”, using Services menu, after login.
- To e-File using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC), the DSC should be registered in the application. (To register DSC, you should LOGIN and GO TO –> Profile Settings –> Register Digital Signature Certificate)
- The Form will be further processed and the Assessee will be notified accordingly. Please check your emails on these notifications.