Section(s) Referred: 35 ,35(2A)
Statute: INCOME TAX
Date of Issue: 10/4/1980
It is hereby notified for general information that the following scientific research programmes have been approved for the period specified below for the purpose of sub-section (2A) of section 35 of the Income-tax Act, 1961, by the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi :
1. Name of the scientific Research “Domicilliary Speech Therapy — a Programme : Therapeutical, Psychological and Audiological Study”.
2. Sponsored at : Sri Hurkisandas Nurrotumdas Hospital Medical Research Society, Bombay.
3. Sponsored by : (1) M/s. Tanna Exporters Pvt. Ltd., Tanna House, Nathalal Parekh Marg, Bombay – 400 039. (2) M/s. Vinodrai Manilal & Co. Pvt. Ltd., Sir Vithaldas Lane, Mulji Jetha Market, Bombay – 2. (3) M/s. Ochavlal & Sons, 614, Krishnaraj Galli, Mulji Jetha Market, Bombay – 400 002. (4) M/s. Perfect Machine Tools Pvt. Ltd., Bell Bldg., Sir P. M. Road, Bombay – 400 001.
4. Duration of project : Five years.
(i) Proposed date of commencement 11th March, 1980. (ii) Anticipated date of completion 10th March, 1985.
5. Estimated expenditure : Rs. 12,07,300.
The approval for the above project will be subject to the following conditions :—
(1) That the institution will maintain a separate account of the amounts received and expenditure incurred for this research project as distinct from the other expenditure of the Sir Hurkisandas Nurrotumdas Hospital Medical Research Society, Bombay.
(2) That the institution will furnish annual returns of the scientific research project to the Council for each financial year by 31st May, each year, at the latest in such form as may be laid down and intimated to them for this purpose.
(3) That the institution will furnish a copy of the annual audited statement of account to the Council for each year by 31st May, each year, and in addition to send a copy of it to the concerned Income-tax Commissioner.
The Sir Hurkisandas Nurrotumdas Hospital Research Society, Bombay, has been approved under section 35(1)(ii) of the Income-tax Act, 1961, vide Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue, Notification No. 560 (F. No. 203/67/73-ITA-II), dated the 15th February, 1974.
[No. 3236/F. No. 203/111/80-ITA-II