All India Federation of Tax Practitioners
Direct Tax Representation Committee
(An Association of Advocates, Chartered Accountants and Tax Practitioners of India)
Hon’ble Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman
Union Finance Minister
Government of India
Ministry of Finance, North Block,
New Delhi – 110001
Sub: Extension of time for certain compliances under the Income-tax Act 1961 due to COVID-19 – Request – Regarding
The All India Federation of Tax Practitioners (the Federation in short) is one of the largest professional bodies of tax practitioners, advocates, and chartered accountants – both of direct and indirect taxes. It has been functioning for the last about 45 years since 1976 and has a membership of over 9000 individuals and about 130 Tax Bar Associations located all over the country in 27 out of 29 States.
2. The spread of the COVID-19 virus has impacted adversely the normal working in the country. The Government has been very kind to recognize the difficulties and hardships being faced by the income taxpayers. Vide Notification No. 35/2020//F.No. 370142/23/2020-TPL dated 24.06.2020, issued by the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Central Board of Direct Taxes, New Delhi, the due date for filing the tax audit report has been extended upto 31.10.2020 and that for filing the returns of income upto 30th November 2020.
3. Unfortunately, the ferocity of Coronavirus has not abated and is spreading in various parts of the country. Most of the offices, including the office of the members of the Federation, have not been functioning regularly or functioning with very limited staff, mostly young and less experienced.
4. Likewise, the offices of the taxpayers whose account needs to be audited under the Income-tax Act, are also not functioning normally and the required information for tax audit as also for subsequent filing of the Income-tax returns has not been forthcoming.
5. The available public transport is inadequate. Buses and trains are not running regularly. Whenever local trains are functioning, they are not halting at stations alleged to be in Containment Zones and COVID infected areas. In several big cities, even the taxies and buses are not plying after 5.00 or 6.00 p.m.
6. All these handicaps are making it virtually impossible for most of our members to adhere to the revised dates as per the aforementioned Notification of the Central Government.
7. The Federation shall, therefore, be most grateful if the date of filing of the tax audit reports for the A.Y 2020-21 is extended by three months i.e from 31st October 2020 to 31st January 2021, and for filing the income tax returns by four months i.e from 30th November 2020 to 31st March 2021.
8. An early action in the matter is requested.
With my most respectful regards,
S.R. Wadhwa, IRS (Retd)
Also Read Other Similar Representations:-
|S. No.||Dated||Made by||Link to View the Representation|
|1.||06/08/2020||C.V.O. Chartered & Cost Accountants’ Association||Representation for relaxation from levy of Section 234A interest|
|2.||25/08/2020||C.V.O. Chartered & Cost Accountants’ Association||Suggestion /representation on 7 Important Direct Tax Issues|
|3.||04/09/2020||All India Federation of Tax Practitioners
Direct Tax Representation Committee
|Extend due date of filing Income Tax Returns & Tax Audit Report|
|4.||05/09/2020||National Association of Tax Professionals
(Haryana – Chapter)
|Request for Extension of Date of Filing of ITR & Audit Report|
|5.||24/09/2020||Zalawad Federation of Trade & Industries||Roll-back provisions of TCS under section 206C(1H)|
|6.||23/09/2020||Lucknow Chartered Accountants Society, Bombay Chartered Accountants’ Society, Chartered Accountants Association (Ahmedabad), Chartered Accountants Association (Surat) and Karnataka State Chartered Accountants Association||TCS- Section 206C(1H)- Request to Provide relief & Clarification|
|7.||13/09/2020||Extend timeline for filing of Return, Tax & Transfer Pricing audit|
|8.||31/09/2020||Ahilya Chamber of Commerce and Industry||Withdraw New Income Tax TCS provisions|
|9.||07/10/2020||Chamber of Tax Consultants||Extend Due Dates for filing Tax/Transfer Pricing Audit & ITR|
|10.||10/10/2020||Tax Bar Association, Jodhpur||Extend due dates of Tax/Transfer Pricing Audits & Return Filing|
|11.||11/10/2020||संभागीय चैम्बर ऑफ़ कॉमर्स एंड इंडस्ट्रीज भरतपुर (राजस्थान)||Extend GSTR-9, GSTR-9C ITR & Tax Audit Due dates|
|12.||12/10/2020||All Gujarat Federation of Tax Consultants||Extend due date of filing of Tax Audit Report & Income Tax Return|
|13.||13/10/2020||Tax Practitioners Association, Indore||Extend dates for filing Tax Audit Report & ITR for AY 2020-21|
|14.||14/10/2020||Tax Bar Association, Bhilwara||Extend Due Date of filing of Tax Audit & Income Tax Return|
|15.||14/10/2020||Gujarat Chamber of commerce & Industry||Extend due date to submit Tax Audit Report & ITR to 31.12.2020|
|16.||15/10/2020||Karnataka State Chartered Accountants Association||Extend due date for filing TAR to 28.2.2021 & ITR to 31.03.2021|
|17.||13/10/2020||All India Federation of Tax Practitioners (CZ)||Request to extend date of filing Income Tax Audit for FY 2019-20|
|18.||NA||Tax Consultant’s Association, Jaipur||Extend due date for submitting Tax Audit Report & IT Returns|
|19.||10/10/2020||Udaipur Tax Bar Association||Further extend due dates for filing of both ITR & TAR|
|20.||08/10/2020||Tax Bar Association, Alwar||Extend due date to submit Tax Audit Report & IT Returns|
|21.||07/09/2020||Tax Bar Association, Kota||Extend due date for submitting Tax Audit Report & filing IT Returns|
|22.||NA||Nagpur Chamber of Commerce Limited||Extend due date for filing of Tax Audit reports, TP Audits & ITR|
|23.||21/10/2020||Lucknow Chartered Accountants Society, Bombay Chartered Accountants’ Society, Chartered Accountants Association (Ahmedabad), Chartered Accountants Association (Surat) and Karnataka State Chartered Accountants Association||Extend Income Tax and GST Audit & Return Filing dates|