Goods and Services Tax Council
5th Floor, Tower 2, Jeevau Bharati
Connaught Place, New Delhi – 110001
Office : +91-11-23762656
Fax : +91-11-23738814
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web : www.gstcouncil.gov.in
Sub: Exemption from levy of GST on reinsurance services to exempted Government Sponsored Insurance Schemes –reg.
The Secretary General, General Insurance Council, Mumbai vide his letter dated 04.05.2018 has requested to exempt GST on reinsurance services provided for exempted Government Sponsored Insurance Schemes which are listed as below:
2. Vide SI. No. 40 of Notification No. 12/2017-CT(R) services provided to the Central Government, State Government, Union Territory under any insurance scheme for which total premium is paid by the Central Government, State Government, Union territory is exempt from GST.
3. TRU, CBIC is examining the above proposal and to have comprehensive view, it is requested to provide comments on the following points for the scheme (s) pertaining to your State:
i) Whether the Government Sponsored insurance schemes are completely funded by the respective State Government union Territory
ii) Whether Government Sponsored insurance schemes are reinsurance driven or not
iii) Specific percentage of premium which needs to be reinsured by the insurer of the insurance schemes, if any
iv) The contribution of beneficiary/private insurer towards the premium of the insurance schemes. if any.
The Commissioner of State Tax- Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Daman & Diu
1. The Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, K.ar Bhavan, Itanagar-791111, Arunachal Pradesh
2. The Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, Behind Raj Bhawan, Civil Lines, Raipur, Chhattisgarh Pin-492001
3. The Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, Vikrikar Bhavan, MG Road, Panjim, Goa. 403001
4. The Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, 8th floor, Vikrikar bhavan, Mazgaon, Mumbai-400010 Maharashtra
5. The Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, Additional Secretariat Building ShillionQ-793001, Meghalaya
6. The Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, Vanijya Thar bhavan, old Secretariat building, Buxi Bazar, cuttack-753001 Odisha
7. The Commissioner of Excise Sc Taxation, Excise & Taxation Bhavan, Sector-69, Mohali, Punjab
8. The Commissioner of Commercial Taxes,Kar Bhavan, Bhawani singh Road, Ambedkar circle, C-Scheme. Jaipur-302005, Rajasthan
9. The Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, Ezhilagam, Chepauk, Chennai-600005, Tamil Nadu
10. The Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, 4, Vibhuti Bhavan, Gonitinagar, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
11. The Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, :1st Building, 2′ floor, 14 Beliaghata Road, Kolkata-700015 West Bengal
12. The Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, Daman & Diu.
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018