Circular No. 12/2004-Cus
Feb 5, 2004
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Sub : DFCEC Scheme for Service Providers-importability of capital goods/equipments under DFCEC Scheme for Service Providers-reg .
Kind attention is invited to DOR Circular No 98/2003-Cus. dated 19.11.2003 wherein it was clarified that under DFCEC Scheme for Service Providers (Para 3.8 of EXIM Policy-Customs Notification No. 54/2003-Cus. dated 1.4.2003) import of capital goods which are other than professional equipments or office equipments shall not be allowed. This Circular was issued in consultation with DGFT/MOC.
2. The issue of importability of capital goods/equipments required by the Service Providers for rendering service under DFCEC Scheme for Service Providers was re-examined in consultation with DGFT.MOC recently and in terms of Notification issued by DGFT on 28.1.2004, it has been decided to inter- alia permit import of any capital goods (which are required by the Service Providers for rendering service) under DFCEC Scheme for Service Providers. DOR has also issued amendment Notification No. 29/2004-Cus. dated 28.1.2004 (vide Sr.No.B ) so as to operationalise this facility.
3. It is, therefore, reiterated that under DFCEC Scheme for Service Providers, inter- alia , import of any capital goods required by the Service Providers for rendering service shall also be permitted.
4. This circular supersedes earlier DOR Circular No. 98/2003-Cus. dated 19.11.2003.
5. Suitable Public Notice for Trade and Standing Order for the guidance of customs field formations may be issued.
6. Receipt of this Circular may please be acknowledged.
Officer on Special Duty (DBK)