You should claim your dividend on regular basis. If remain unclaimed for seven consecutive years, then the dividends along with its related shares transferred to Investor Education and Protection Fund (IEPF) Authority.

Investor Education and Protection Fund (IEPF) Authority of Ministry Of Corporate Affairs, Government Of India has given the procedure to claim unclaimed dividend after seven years.

Toll Free No.:1800-114, Email:, Website:

Procedure to claim unclaimed Dividend

1. Download the form IEPF-5 from the website of IEPF ( for filing the claim for refund. Read the instructions provided on the website/instruction kit along with the e-form carefully before filling the form.

2. After filling the form save it on your computer and submit the duly filled form by following the instructions given in the upload link on the website. On successful uploading an acknowledgement will be generated indicating the SRN. Please note the SRN for future tracking of the form.

3. Take a printout of the duly filled IEPF-5 and the acknowledgement issued after uploading the form.

4. Submit indemnity bond in original, copy of acknowledgement and self-attested copy of e-form along with the other documents as mentioned in the Form IEPF-5 to Nodal Officer (IEPF) of the company at its registered office in an envelope marked “Claim for refund from IEPF Authority”.

5. Claim forms completed in all aspects will be verified by the concerned company and on the basis of company’s verification report, refund will be released by the IEPF Authority in favor of claimants’ Aadhaar linked bank account through electronic transfer.

6. There is no fee charged for filing of the IEPF 5 form.

7. Don’t get misled by any agents or middlemen.

Author Bio

Qualification: CA in Job / Business
Company: PCA - Professional Careers Academy
Location: Chandigarh, Chandigarh, IN
Member Since: 16 Dec 2018 | Total Posts: 4
Author, Teacher & Speaker. CEO, PCA, No.1 Coaching Institute for CA, CS in CHANDIGARH View Full Profile

My Published Posts

More Under Company Law


  1. naushaba khatun says:

    I have unpaid dividend Rs 4050 of PNB shares now transfered to IEPF. To claim this CIN of PNB is not found anywhere even on MCA website. what should I do I have also contacted PNB investor relation officer but not succeed in finding this. I have also unclaimed IEPF dividend of another company(ies) but now not appearing after I searched with name , as earlier searched it was appearing.

  2. Harish Kumar Girotra says:

    Sir, I am having 1200 shares of HPCL. Final Dividend of Rs. 9.4 per share, Ex date 06 August 2019 amounting to Rs. 11280/- has not been credited to my saving Bank account till date. Kindly guide me to whom I may approach for payment of dividend.

  3. Mukund Kulkarni says:

    I am trying to fill iepf 5 for unclaimed dividend only. Since shares are not being claimed I left item 3 of the form blank. But during “check form” stage a message appears which states that data under Number of Shares shall be more than zero. How to proceed further?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search Posts by Date

January 2021