Fax : 011-2618560, Tel. No.: 011-26197238
E-mail [email protected]
DIRECTORATE OF INCOME TAX
(ORGANISATION & MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
EAST BLOCK-II, LEVEL-5, VIVEKANAND MARG
R.K. PURAM, NEW DELHI-1 10066
Dated: 27.06 2016
The Pr. Chief Commissioner of Income-tax
Tamil Nadu, West Bengal 86 Sikkim, Mumbai, NER, UP(West)
Uttarakhand, UP (East), Bihar 86 Jharkhand, Pune, Kerala, AP 86
Telengana, Gujarat, Karnataka 86 Goa, MP 86 Chattisgarh, Odisha, NWR and. Rajasthan
Subject: Setting up of Aayakar Seva Kendra (ASK) during Financial Year 2016-17 – approval reg‑
Sir / Madam,
I am directed to invite your kind attention to the captioned subject.
2. As per the Results Framework Document, 2016-17, the Department has resolved to set up 65 Aayakar Seva Kendras all over the country in F.Y. 2016-17. The process for identification of these locations had to be completed by before end of this month.
3. Accordingly, based on the recommendations of the Pr. CCsIT, the CBDT has approved setting up of 65 Aayakar Seva Kendras as per the enclosed list at Annexure-A in which the stations and the jurisdictional Pr. CCsIT, CCsIT and Pr. CsIT are mentioned. The advisory regarding setting up of ASK in Y. 2016-17 has already been included in the Annual Central Action Plan 2016-17 of the Income tax Department.
4. As the process of setting up of ASK is being monitored at the highest level, directions may kindly be issued to the concerned offices to ensure that the ASK project is completed by the end of the financial year without fail.
5. The project is decentralized and funds will be allocated to your region for setting up of ASK centres. This office is in the process of working out the number of nodes alongwith the budget for nodes and also the budget for setting up the ASKs as per laid down norms. In the interregnum, keeping in view the urgency of the matter, you may kindly direct the concerned offices to start the process of setting up of ASK i.e identifying the location, space and initiate exercise to award the contract as per GFR while the proposal for financial sanction is being finalized and the funds for setting up of ASK are defrayed.
6. You are also requested to kindly constitute a Local Implementation Committee for each location. It is suggested that the committee may be constituted under chairmanship of the concerned CCIT and may include the PCIT concerned and CIT(CO) for better coordination.
7. It is also requested that a nodal officer preferably officer of rank of CIT from amongst the members of this committee may be identified and the contact details, including the mobile number and email address may kindly be sent to us alongwith details of the Local Implementation Committee latest by 4th July, 2016. This committee may also identify space at each location for setting up of ASK if the same has not been
8. It will be our endeavor to extend all possible support from this Directorate for timely implementation of the ASK project at each location as per Results Framework Document for the year 2016-17. For any supplementary queries on this issue, the undersigned may kindly be contacted on telephone No. 011-26716415 or email: [email protected]gmail.com
(S. K. Banerjee)
Assistant Director of Income-tax (O&MS)
Copy to Database cell with the request to upload the same on the website today.