To facilitate improved TDS administration, CPC(TDS) starts the feature of “Aggregated TDS Compliance” at PAN level for all TANs associated with the referenced PAN. Following are additional details related to the new feature.
What is meant by Organization’s PAN:
The above indicates the PAN of an entity, having more than one TANs of its branches, associated with the referenced PAN. This will be the PAN of the Central Office, Headquarter etc., as may be appropriate. The said PAN must review the “Aggregated TDS Compliance” report on a regular basis to improve TDS compliance at Organization level.
What does the new feature offer :
- The above stated PAN can view TDS performance for all of its respective TANs by logging into TRACES as a Taxpayer.
- The Defaults generated for all the TANs can be viewed by using the feature. The following type of Defaults for the branches can be viewed:
- Total Default
- Short Payment Default
- Short Deduction Default
- Interest on Payment Default u/s 201
- Interest on Deduction Default u/s 201
- Late Filing Fee u/s 234E
- Interest u/s 220(2)
- PAN Errors
- The respective TANs with Defaults in their TDS Statements can be pursued to get the above resolved by taking following actions:
- Carrying out necessary corrections in the records reported in the TDS statements,
- Paying the outstanding demand and
- Submitting the Correction Statements at the earliest.
- The feature thus provides for a summary of Defaults, which assists in effective TDS administration, monitoring, control and compliance at Organization level.
- The feature will be extremely useful for the purpose of complying with the provisions of Section 40(a)(ia) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 by the concerned entity,to ensure that correct information is disclosed in paragraph 27A/B of the Tax Audit Report (Form 3CD) u/s 44AB of the Act.
How to use the feature :
- You are requested to Log in to TRACES as a Taxpayer, using your credentials
- Navigate to Aggregated TDS Compliance menu on the webpage.
- Choose the views according to Financial Year (Download Option 1) or Default Type (Download Option 2) from the drop down lists.
- PDF or html views are available for the entity having less than 25 TANs. For larger number of TANs, a download request needs to be submitted.
- Submit the Request to generate a Request Number.
- The submitted request will be made “Available” in MS Excel format, under “Requested Downloads” in the “Download” menu.
- The report will be “Not Available” if there are No Defaults or there are statements yet to be processed. If you believe that either of the two is not true, the same can be reported to CPC (TDS).
- The feature provides for the above information for Financial Year 2007-08 onwards.
The steps to use the functionality are easy and convenient, however, e-Tutorials for the above release will shortly be made available on the TRACES portal.