Circular No. 08/2011-Custom, 28th January, 2011.
Subject: Procedure regarding Transfer / Transshipment of cargo – regarding.
Sir / Madam,
Attention is invited to Board Circular No.6/2007-Customs dated 22.01.2007 which outlines comprehensive procedures and guidelines for transhipment of cargo from one Custom station to other Custom stations.
2. Representations have been received from trade that procedures regarding international transhipment of cargo arriving from a foreign destination and proceeding to a foreign destination via an airport in India from one flight to another needs to be simplified in order to ensure an efficient Cargo Transfer Facility and to reduce dwell time.
3. The matter has been examined in the Board. In order to redress the issue and to simplify the procedure, it has been decided that in case of international transhipped cargo (Foreign to Foreign), for the pre-sorted containers wherein Cargo does not require segregation, ramp to ramp or tail to tail transfer of cargo can be effected, provided the same is carried out under preventive supervision on payment of MOT and Observance of Cargo Transfer Manifest (CTM) procedure. In these cases, transhipment Cargo meant for destination abroad need not be sent to Cargo warehouses. In the case of containers other than pre – sorted containers, the existing procedure for transhipment of Cargo (Foreign to Foreign) would continue to apply.
4. Para 3.3 of the Circular No.6/2007-Customs dated 22.01.2007 stands modified to the above extent.
5. These instructions may be brought to the notice of all concerned by way of issuance of suitable Public Notice / Standing Order.
6. Difficulties, if any, in implementation of these instructions may be brought to the notice of the Board, immediately.
( R. P. Singh)
Director ( Customs)
Internal circulation: As usual.
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018