This Notification imposes Anti-Dumping duty on Acrylic Fibre originating in, or exported from U.S.A., Thailand and Korea RP.
[PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, PART II SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (I)]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE)
8th June, 2000
Notification No. 86/2000-Customs
Whereas in the matter of import of Acrylic Fibre falling under Chapter 55 of the First Schedule to the Customs Tariff Act, 1975 (51 of 1975), originating in or exported from USA, Thailand and Korea RP, the designated authority, vide its final findings published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, part I, Section 1, dated the 14th October, 1997, had come to the conclusion that-
1. Acrylic Fibre originating in or exported from USA, Thailand and Korea RP has been exported to India below its normal value;
2. The domestic industry has suffered material injury;
3. The injury has been caused to the domestic industry by the exports originating in or exported from USA, Thailand and Korea RP.
And whereas on the basis of the aforesaid findings of the designated authority, the Central Government had imposed anti-dumping duty vide notification of the Government of India in the Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue), No. 81/07-Customs, dated the 24th October, 1997 [G.S.R. 619(E), dated the 24th October, 1997] published in part II, Section 3, Sub-section (I) of the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, dated the 24th October, 1997.
And whereas the designated authority vide its final findings in review, published in Part I, Section 1 of the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, dated the 19th April, 2000 has concluded that-
1. Acrylic Fibre originating in or exported from subject countries has been exported to India below its normal value;
2. The domestic industry would suffer material injury in case the anti-dumping duty in force is removed;
3. The injury to the domestic industry would be caused from imports from subject countries in case the anti-dumping in force is removed.
Now, therefore, in exercise of the power conferred by sub-section (1) and (6) of section 9A of the said Customs Tariff Act read with rule 23 of the Customs Tariff (Identification, Assessment and Collection of Anti-dumping Duty on Dumped Articles and for Determination of Injury) Rules, 1995 and based upon the aforesaid findings of the designated athority in the matter of review of anti-dumping duties on Acrylic Fibre, originating in or exported from USA, Thailand and Korea RP, the Central Government hereby imposes on the said Acrylic Fibre falling under Chapter 55 of the First Schedule to the said Customs Tariff Act, when originating in, or exported from, the countries specified in column (2) of the Table below, by the exporters mentioned in the corresponding entry in column (3) of the said Table and imported into India, an anti-dumping duty at the rate specified in the corresponding entry in column (4) of the said Table.
|S. No.||Name of the Country||Name of the Exporters||Amount of duty (Rs. Per kg.)|
|2.||Thailand||M/s Thai Acrylic Fibre Company Ltd.
|3.||Korea RP||All Exporters||21.18|
1. The anti-dumping duty imposed under this notification shall be effective upto and inclusive of the 24th April, 2002, unless the time limit is extended or the notification is revoked before such time, by notification published in the Official Gazette.
(Prashant Kumar Sinha)
Under Secretary to the Government of India