It is the responsibility of every employers of establishments covered under the Employees Provident Fund Act to ensure updation of KYC details by the employees covered under the Employees Provident Fund Act.
Every employee covered under the Employees Provident Fund Act has to update their personal KYC details from their respective Provident Fund Accounts i.e the UAN Member Account.
To avail the Transfer claim or Advance Withdrawal Claim or Permanent Withdrawal Claim facilities, updating KYC is a mandatory requirement.
Once the KYC details are submitted by the employees, the employer has to verify and approve the KYC details using the Digital Signature registered on the Employees Provident Fund Establishment Portal.
Following are the steps to submit & update employees KYC details in Employees Provident Fund Account:
1. Login to establishment unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in
2. Select “Approvals” under Member tab on the left side of the page
3. Select the option “DSC KYC” on the right side of the page
4. Attach Digital Signature to the system
5. Select option DSC token and proceed
6. Select the name of the DSC holder appearing in the pop up box and sign
7. Approve all the requests following the above steps.
8. Again Select Members Tab – KYC pending for DS
9. If the records appear – Follow above steps 2-8 and approve the pending requests
10. Again select Members Tab – KYC Seeded by Members
11. If the records appear – Follow above steps 2-8 and approve the pending requests