The Finance Minister on Thursday 12/11/2020 announced the Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana to incentivise job creation during Covid-19 recovery phase.

This is eligible for EPFO (EPF) registered companies hiring new workers at monthly wages (Wages as per Supreme Court rule) less than Rs.15000/- per month.

The scheme is as under,

1. Central Govt will pay the EPF contributions for the next two years for eligible employees engaged on or after 1st October 2020. The benefits to be provided will be as under,

Criteria Benefits
Establishments employing up to 1000 employees Employees contribution 12% and Employer contribution 12% i.e total 24% of PF wages
Establishments employing more than 1000 employees Only Employee contribution 12% of PF wages

2. The subsidy support will be credited upfront in Aadhar seeded EPFO account (UAN) of eligible new employee.

Further, eligible employee means,

1. Employee who has lost job between 01/03/2020 and 30/09/2020 or

2. Employee who didn’t have the EPF number earlier i.e an employee in fresh employment

Author Bio

Qualification: CS
Company: S R Kudale & Associates LLP
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
Member Since: 13 Apr 2020 | Total Posts: 14
I am a Practicing Company Secretary located at Mumbai having specialization in Corporate Laws and Labour Laws. Follow my Blog: www.csrohitkudale.com for regular updates. View Full Profile

My Published Posts

Join Taxguru’s Network for Latest updates on Income Tax, GST, Company Law, Corporate Laws and other related subjects.

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Telegram

taxguru on telegram GROUP LINK

Review us on Google

More Under Corporate Law

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search Posts by Date

August 2022
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031