Employees’ Provident Fund –
- All employees with wages upto Rs 15,000 required to join the Fund.
- Accumulations payable on retirement, resignation, death.
- Partial withdrawals permitted for financing life insurance policies; Acquiring house or site; Marriage of self or dependents; Education of children; Treatment of illness etc.
Employees’ Pension Scheme‑
- Entitlement for pension after 10 years of service & on attaining the age of 50 years.
- Minimum pension of Rs 1,000/-
- Pension admissible to dependents; widow, children, dependent parent, nominee.
Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme
- Maximum admissible amount Rs 6 lac.
WHAT IS UAN
- UAN stands for Universal Account Number.
- UAN will act as an umbrella for the multiple Member Ids allotted to an individual by different establishments.
- UAN enables linking of multiple [PF Accounts (Member Id) allotted to a single member
- Members can view details of his/her all [PF Accounts.
- Huge labour turnover rate due to increasing short-term contractual employments.
- UAN facilitates linking of multiple [PF accounts of a member.
- Aadhaar, Bank Account and PAN are the key KYC documents identified.
- Digitally authenticated KYC would facilitate clubbing of all previous PF account numbers.
- UAN is lifelong account number.
- Aadhaar enabled UAN will eventually enable members to access [PF services directly.
EPF MEMBERS’ SERVICES
- Correct updated information about his/her EPF Account
- Electronic updates on credits/debits to EPF Account
- Portability of EPF Member Account
- Uniquely identifiable Member Account
- Digitally certified member accounts to preempt frauds/ mis-credits
- Claims settlement without employers’ intermediation.
UAN ALLOTMENT & ACTIVATION
- [PF members in respect of whom at least one contribution is received in or after Jan-201 4 UAN is allotted by [PFO
- [PF members not having UAN & no contribution received in or after Jan-201 4 can request [PFO to allot UAN.
- Any citizen (whether [PF member or not) can request for UAN UAN is allotted by [PFO
- UAN holder can register his/her mobile with [PFO for UAN activation
- UAN holder has the option to change the mobile number linked with his/her UAN.
CORR[CT UPDAT[D INFORMATION ABOUT M[MB[RS’ [PF ACCOUNT
- Post Activation member receives SMS about credits/debits to their [PF account.
- Members can give a missed call to get details about their PF account.
- Members can download [PF mobile app to track their [PF account.
- Members may list all existing [PF accounts – [PFO would facilitate consolidation of all accounts.
UAN ENABLED MEMBER SERVICES
- In case of Aadhaar enabled UAN, members can submit their claims directly with [PFO.
- Online applications for all [PFO services.
- No need to go to the employers for claims attestation.
- [specially useful for [PF members who change their jobs and/or locations frequently.
- Members can themselves download UAN Card.
EPFO REQUESTS MEMBERS TO
- Collect their UAN from the current employer
- Activate the UAN; (Visit UAN Members e-sewa on http://uanmembers.epfoservices. in)
- Provide requisite KYC details (Aadhaar, Bank Account details & PAN)
- List all their previous EPF Account numbers with EPFO
- For any assistance – contact UAN Help Desk (18001- 18005); www.epfindia.gov.in -> Our Services -> For Employees -> Services -> UAN Help Desk
MEMBERS ALREADY HAVING A UAN
- On joining any new establishment provide the same to new employer.
- IF KYC not provided to previous employer, provide the same to new employer.
- If KYC provided to previous employer give the same to new employer.
- This will facilitate auto-transfer of previous EPF account.