CA Sandeep Kanoi
CBDT has vide press release dated 07.04.2014 has released online and offline utility for e-Filing of ITR 1 (SAHAJ) & ITR 4S (SUGAM) for AY 2014-15. CBDT has earlier notified the same ITR forms vide its NOTIFICATION NO. 24/2014, Dated: April 1, 2014.You can download New ITR Froms from Download Section of Income Tax e-filing website if you want to file offline and if you want to file online you can do so by logging into your e-filing account.
We are not uploading the ITR Utility on our website as Forms are just been released and considering previous year experience we expect changes in the utility for removal of discrepancies in the utility if any. We request our readers to download the latest ITR Utility whenever they wish to file an ITR through offline Java Utility from e-filing website of Income Tax Department.
Steps to file form offline
Login to e-filing website to Prepare and Submit ITR Online
How to use this ITR Form?
These ITR Forms are developed using the latest in JAVA technology and effort has been made to make it user friendly, simpler and faster preparation of tax returns. This utility can be run on operating systems like Windows 7.0 or above and latest Linux, where Java Runtime Environment Version 7 Update 6 (jre 1.7 is also known as jre version 7) or above is installed.
i.Please make sure you have the latest version of the utility before you start filling the information into the utility.
ii. Please make sure you’re connected to the internet for submission of the ITR Form.
The following are features available in the ITR Form.
1. New – On click of this button, a new copy of the ITR form will be available. If you have already opened the ITR form, you will be prompted to save the earlier copy.
2. Open -This option is for importing the XML (successfully generated earlier) of a particular A.Y. Select the path and import the XML. You should check/validate the contents before finalizing upload/submission.
3. Save – You can save your completed XML in the desired path/location of your desktop.
4. Save Draft – This option can be used to save your XML. Please note you cannot upload an XML which was saved using the ‘Save draft’ option. Only a complete XML generated using the ‘Save’ option can be uploaded successfully.
5. Prefill –This option can be used to auto-fill your Personal, Address and Tax details. You will be prompted to provide your User ID, Password and DOB/DOI to fetch the data. It is advisable to complete this activity before you start entering other data. Please check/validate the contents. Please make sure you’re connected to the internet to avail this feature.
6. Re-Calculate – On clicking this button, the data in the utility will be re-calculated. This is to provide with the utility based calculation/validation.
7. Submit -Click this button to upload the XML in e-Filing portal. You’ll be prompted to provide your e-Filing credentials, User ID, Password and DOB/DOI. Post submission, the success message and the acknowledgment number will be displayed. You will be able to download ITR-V. Please make sure you’re connected to the internet to avail this feature. (if the return is submitted without a DSC) as well.
8. Help – This option will let you know the shortkeys, instructions, settings and how to use this ITR form.
9. Previous/Next- These will help you to navigate to the various tabs of the ITR form.
|Alt + N||Opens a new ITR|
|Alt+ S||Saves the ITR in the user desired path|
|Alt +F4||Closes the utility|
|Alt + I||Imports the XML file|
|Alt + F||Pre-fills the ITR|
|Alt + C||Clears the validation errors|
|Alt + D||Hides/Shows the validation window|
|Alt + G||Opens the SUBMIT screen to submit the ITR|
|Alt + R||Re-calculates the tax details as per the Utility|
Following are the recommended settings to use the ITR Utility :
Java Runtime Environment Version 7 Update 6 (jre 1.7 is also known as jre version 7) or above Any Zip Software to unzip the utility
Minimum bandwidth of 256 kbps and above
|1||How to use / Enable E-filing Vault on Income Tax|
|2||Understanding Compliance Query of Income Tax Department|
|3||Rule 12 of Income Tax Rules wef 1st April 2016|
|4||Instructions for filing ITR-4S-SUGAM for AY 2016-17|
|5||Income Tax e-Filing DSC management utility|
|6||How to File Income Tax Return of a Deceased Assessee?|
|7||FAQs on filing the return of income|
|8||For whom e-filing of Income Tax Return (ITR) is Mandatory|
|9||Guide to know ITR applicable: Which ITR Applicable to whom?|
|10||How to reset password when activation link not confirmed while registering PAN in Income Tax Department|