People are always get confused as to who all are require to file Income tax Return mandatorily. Since our assessment year 2020-21 has been started and now all will be geared up for filing their income tax return. Hence today I am covering this topic.
Following taxpayers shall file their return of income only through e-filing mode:
(1) Individual/HUF who is less than 60 years of age and has an annual income more than Rs 2.5 lakh i.e. above basic exemption limit has to file income tax returns, according to the Income Tax Act. For senior citizens, the basic exemption limit is Rs 3 lakh, and for those who are more than 80 years old, the basic exemption limit is Rs 5 lakh.
(2) For companies it is mandatory to file income tax return irrespective of profit or loss. Further in case of company E -filing is mandatory.
(3) A firm or an individual or a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) whose books of account are required to be audited under section 44AB shall furnish the return of income electronically under digital signature. In other words, in such a case, e-filing with digital signature is mandatory.
(4) A resident assessee having any assets (including financial interest in any entity) located outside India or signing authority in any account located outside India shall furnish the return of income electronically with or without digital signature or by using electronic verification code.
(5) Taxpayers claiming relief under section 90, 90A or 91 shall furnish the return of income electronically with or without digital signature or by using electronic verification code.
(6) If Assessee want refund then he need to compulsory to file return
(7) If assessee wants to carry forward or set off loss then also return filing is mandatory
(8) The return has to be filed for any income from property under a charitable trust, religious purposes, research or for a political party, medical institution, hospital or any other institution.
(9) You must file a return if you have entered into any transaction under the Annual Information Return.
(10) A taxpayer who is required to furnish a report of audit under sections 10(23C)(iv), 10(23C)(v), 10(23C)(vi), 10(23C)(via), 10A, 10AA, 12A(1)(b), 44AB, 44DA, 50B, 80-IA, 80-IB, 80-IC, 80-ID, 80JJAA, 80LA, 92E, 115JB or 115VW or shall furnish the report electronically on or before the date of filing the return.
Some Suggested Posts related to above
|1||How to use / Enable E-filing Vault on Income Tax|
|2||Understanding Compliance Query of Income Tax Department|
|3||Rule 12 of Income Tax Rules wef 1st April 2018|
|4||Income Tax e-Filing DSC management utility|
|5||How to File Income Tax Return of a Deceased Assessee?|
|6||FAQs on filing the return of income|
|7||How to reset password when activation link not confirmed while registering PAN in Income Tax Department|
|8||Guide to know ITR applicable: Which ITR Applicable to whom?|
Republished with Amendments