Tax Bar Association, Guwahati requested Hon’ble Union Finance Minister for extension of due date for filing of GST Annual Return Forms GSTR 9, 9A & 9C for the year 2017-18 till 31st March, 2020, in order to mitigate the hardship of taxpayers and professionals. Text of the Representation is as follows:-
Dated: January 27, 2020
Hon’ble Finance Minister
Govt. of India
Sub: Request for extension of due date for filing of GST Annual Return Forms GSTR 9, 9A & 9C for the year 2017-18.
Tax Bar Association, Guwahati is a prestigious professional association having membership strength of 450 members consisting of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, Cost Accountants, Advocates and Tax Consultants.
The extended due date for filing of GST Annual Return Forms GSTR9, 9A & 9C for the year 2017-18 is 31st January, 2020. However, we have been informed by our members and many taxpayers that the same could not be filed in many cases due to the following reasons:
1. GST network/ GST website is slow down and not working properly since first week of January and OTP for filing of returns were not received in several cases. The OTP is received after 2-3 hours which is of no use at that point of time.
2. Uploaded data in case of GSTR 9C is reflected after 2 to 3 hours and in many cases the same was rejected for unknown error.
3. The error “Received but pending” apperas as and when we try to uplaod GSTR 9C.
4. We are unable to uplaod JSON file in one attempt. Multiple attempts are required to upload a single JSON file.
Therefore due to reasons mentioned herein above and the hardships that are being faced by millions of tax payers, we request your good self to extend date of filing of GST Annual Return Forms GSTR-9, 9A & 9C for the year 2017-18 till 31st March, 2020, in order to mitigate the hardship of taxpayers and professionals.
|For Tax Bar Association|
|CA Gopal Singhania
Ph- 93650-09126, 98640-95646
|CA. Bikash Agarwala
Indirect Taxes Committee Chairman
Ph : 94350-64691
Copy to :
1) Prime Minister’s Office, New Delhi
2) Hon’ble Minister of State for Finance, Govt. of India, New Delhi
3) The Revenue Secretary, Govt. of India, New Delhi
4) The Dept. of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India, New Delhi
Recent Representation on GSTR-9 & GSTR 9C due date extension Published till date on Taxguru
|15||30/01/2020||1) The Gujarat Sales Tax Bar Association
2) National Action Committee
3) All Gujarat Federation of Tax Consultant
4) Chartered Accountants Association, Ahmedabad
5) Income Tax Bar Association, Ahmedabad
6) Tax Advocates Association Gujarat
|Request to extend due date of GSTR-9, 9A & 9C for F.Y. 2017-18|
|14||NA||Taxation Bar Association, Modinagar||Letter for GST Portal issues and GSTR 9 & GSTR 9C Date extension|
|13||26/01/2020||Central Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Baroda Tax Bar Association||Extend due date of GSTR 9 & GSTR 9C to 31.03.2020 for FY 2017-18|
|12||27/01/2020||The Goods and Services Tax Practitioners’ Association of Maharashtra||Extend dates for filing Form GSTR-9 and Form GSTR-9C for FY 2017-18|
|11||27/01/2020||Tax Bar Association, Guwahati||Request to extend due date of GST Annual Returns for year 2017-18|
|10||27/01/2020||Sales Tax Bar Association, New Delhi||Extend date of filing of Form GSTR 9, GSTR 9A and GSTR 9C|
|9||27/01/2020||Association Of Tax Practitioners, Ernakulam||Extension of due date for filing GSTR-9/9A & GSTR-9C for F.Y. 2017-18|
|8||27/01/2020||Haryana Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||Extend GSTR 9 & GSTR 9C Return Filing due Date For Year 2017-18|
|7||22/01/2020||Ahilya Chamber of Commerce and Industry||GST Portal Issues | Problems in Forms | GSTR 9/9C due date extension|
|6||27/01/2020||Kerala Tax Practitioners’ Association (KTPA), Kochi||Extend due date of GSTR-9 & 9C for further one month|
|5||27/01/2020||District Tax Bar Association Sonipat.||Extend due date of GSTR-9 & GSTR-9C for FY 2017-18|
|4||26/01/2020||Central Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Baroda Tax Bar Association||Extend due date of GSTR 9 & GSTR 9C to 31.03.2020 for FY 2017-18|
|3||24/01/2020||Jamnagar Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||Request for extension of GSTR-9 / GSTR-9C report for year 2017-18|
|2||24/01/2020||The Southern Gujarat Commercial Tax Bar Association, Surat||Extend due date of GST Annual returns / Audit of 2017-18 to 31/3/2020|
|1||24/01/2020||Tax Bar Association, Jammu||Extend due date of GSTR-9 / GSTR-9C for year 2017-18 for UT of J&K|