Tax Bar Association has requested for extension of due date for filing of Form IDS 3 to 31st March, 2020 as for various reasons. Text of the representation is as follows:-
Dated: January 24, 2020
Hon’ble Finance Minister
Govt. of India
Sub: Request for extension of due date for filing of Form IDS 3.
Tax Bar Association, Guwahati is a prestigious professional association having membership strength of 450 members consisting of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, Cost Accountants, Advocates and Tax Consultants.
The extended due date for filing of Form IDS 3 is 31st January, 2020. However, the same could not be filed in many cases due to the following reasons:
1. Continuous disturbance in Assam due protests against Citizenship Amendement Act.
2. Challans details are not matching online due to errors in entry done by banks. The banks have posted the amount under wrong head/assessment year. In some cases, the amount is lying under advance tax in form 26AS.
3. Moreover, in some cases, the correction in challans are still pending with bank or IT department.
Therefore due to reasons mentioned herein above and the hardships that may be faced by millions of tax payers, we request your good self to extend date of filing of Form IDS-3 till 31st March, 2020, in order to mitigate the hardship of taxpayers and professionals.
|For Tax Bar Association|
|CA Gopal Singhania
Ph- 93650-09126, 98640-95646
|CA. Somesh Bose
Direct Taxes Committee Chairman
Ph : 94351-11678
Copy to :
1) Prime Minister’s Office, New Delhi
2) Hon’ble Minister of State for Finance, Govt. of India, New Delhi
3) The Revenue Secretary, Govt. of India, New Delhi
4) The Dept. of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India, New Delhi
5) The Chairman & Members of Central Board of Direct Taxes
6) Pr. Chief Commissioner of Income Tax (NE Region)