Central Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Baroda Tax Bar Association have represented for the extension of due of date of GSTR 9 and GSTR 9C for the Financial Year 2017-18 to 31st MARCH, 2020. Relevant Text of the Representation is as follows:-
Shri Nirmala Sitharamanji,
Hon. Union Finance Minister of India,
Sub.: Request to Extension of GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C Report for the Financial Year 2017-18.
We have been informed by our Members and Professionals that since 9th January, 2020 GST Network is slow down and not working properly. OTP for filing of any Returns is not frequent and many of Tax Payers have already suffered from the late fees even after wanted to finish their compliance timely. We have also come to know that at present, GST Network is taking two to three hours for reflecting GSTR-9C data uploaded by Taxpayers, and in some cases: it throwS back with an unknown error. We are aware that GSTN is ought to release API with slight modification in the schema on 20th Jan for GSTR-9C, but yet not declared it. And hence our demand for extension is more reasonable as ever.
Madam, here we are giving the history of the problem of GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C.
1) Originally GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C of Financial Year 2017-18 is to be filed on 30th November, 2018.
2) Above date is extended to 31St December, 2019. Here Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC) published press note on 14th November, 2019 for SIMPLIFIED AND LAST DATES OF SUBMISSION
3) Above date is extended SECOND TIME to 31st January,2020. Here Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC) published press note on 18th December, 2019. Also Promise to SIMPLIFY SUBMISSION OF GSTR-9 AND GSTR-9C. For this Notification Order No. 10/2019-Central Tax is published on Dt. 26th December, 2019. UTILITY OF SIMPLIFIED GSTR-9 AND GSTR-9C WAS STARTED ON 6th JANUARY, 2020.
As per Rule No. 80, the taxpayer is required to file GSTR-9 AND GSTR-9C 31ST DECEMBER OF NEXT FINANCIAL YEAR, i.e. Tax Payers are getting 9(Nine) months for submission.
UTILITY OF SIMPLIFIED GSTR-9 AND GSTR-9C WAS STARTED ON 6th JANUARY,2020. GSTN has taken 33 MONTH time for preparing this Utility, How can Government expect us to complete work of filing of GSTR-9 AND GSTR-9C within 26 DAYS?
4) During January Month Tax Professional required to comply with the following work.
07/01/2020 TDS Payment
11/01/2020 Filing of GSTR-1 of Monthly Case
18/01/2020 Filing of CM P08
20/01/2020 Filing of GSTR-3B
31/01/2020 Filing of GSTR-1 of Quarterly Case
31/01/2020 Filing of TDS Return.
31/01/2020 work of filing of GSTR-9 AND GSTR-9C.
Here you can see that Tax Professionals have their FAMILY, How they will give time for their wife and children?
5) At last, all Taxpayers had paid their tax while filing their Returns. So this GSTR-9 AND GSTR-9C are only informative statements of data supplied by them. So if the date of filing of GSTR-9 AND GSTR-9C is extended than THERE IS NO LOSS OF REVENUE.
So, we are requesting you that please extend the date of filing of GSTR9 AND GSTR-9C to 31st MARCH, 2020.
HERE WE HAVE EXPECTATION THAT MOTHERHOOD HEART WILL DEFINITELY DO THIS.
For Baroda Tax Bar Association
Central Gujarat Chamber of Commerce
Recent Representation on GSTR-9 & GSTR 9C due date extension Published till date on Taxguru
|14||30/01/2020||1) The Gujarat Sales Tax Bar Association
2) National Action Committee
3) All Gujarat Federation of Tax Consultant
4) Chartered Accountants Association, Ahmedabad
5) Income Tax Bar Association, Ahmedabad
6) Tax Advocates Association Gujarat
|Request to extend due date of GSTR-9, 9A & 9C for F.Y. 2017-18|
|13||NA||Taxation Bar Association, Modinagar||Letter for GST Portal issues and GSTR 9 & GSTR 9C Date extension|
|12||27/01/2020||The Goods and Services Tax Practitioners’ Association of Maharashtra||Extend dates for filing Form GSTR-9 and Form GSTR-9C for FY 2017-18|
|11||27/01/2020||Tax Bar Association, Guwahati||Request to extend due date of GST Annual Returns for year 2017-18|
|10||27/01/2020||Sales Tax Bar Association, New Delhi||Extend date of filing of Form GSTR 9, GSTR 9A and GSTR 9C|
|9||27/01/2020||Association Of Tax Practitioners, Ernakulam||Extension of due date for filing GSTR-9/9A & GSTR-9C for F.Y. 2017-18|
|8||27/01/2020||Haryana Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||Extend GSTR 9 & GSTR 9C Return Filing due Date For Year 2017-18|
|7||22/01/2020||Ahilya Chamber of Commerce and Industry||GST Portal Issues | Problems in Forms | GSTR 9/9C due date extension|
|6||27/01/2020||Kerala Tax Practitioners’ Association (KTPA), Kochi||Extend due date of GSTR-9 & 9C for further one month|
|5||27/01/2020||District Tax Bar Association Sonipat.||Extend due date of GSTR-9 & GSTR-9C for FY 2017-18|
|4||26/01/2020||Central Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Baroda Tax Bar Association||Extend due date of GSTR 9 & GSTR 9C to 31.03.2020 for FY 2017-18|
|3||24/01/2020||Jamnagar Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||Request for extension of GSTR-9 / GSTR-9C report for year 2017-18|
|2||24/01/2020||The Southern Gujarat Commercial Tax Bar Association, Surat||Extend due date of GST Annual returns / Audit of 2017-18 to 31/3/2020|
|1||24/01/2020||Tax Bar Association, Jammu||Extend due date of GSTR-9 / GSTR-9C for year 2017-18 for UT of J&K|