Kerala Tax Practitioners’ Association (KTPA), Kochi has requested to extend the due date of GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C for the FY 2017-18 to further one month.
Relevant Text of the Representation is as follows:-
1. Nirmala Sitharaman
Hon. Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs
New Delhi 110 001
2. Sri.Thomas Issac
Minister of Finance & Coir
Government of Kerala
3. Sri.Pullela Nageswara Rao IRS
The Chief Commissioner of Central Tax CGST
4. Anand Singh
The Commissioner of State Tax SGST
Submission of petition by : Kerala Tax Practitioners’ Association, Kochi
The Kerala Tax Practitioners’ Association is a community of tax practitioners’ who work as intermediaries between the government and the business community by doing justified service in generating the revenue to the government by providing reliable advice to the business community. In the case of large number of retail traders in the country, they are depending mostly on tax practitioners for understanding the complicated laws of GST and filing their periodic returns, it will leads to use of GSTN portal almost at the last minutes of the due date.
Of late, the Kerala Tax Practitioners’ community has been undergoing severe work pressure and time lapse due to the various technical issues related to GSTN portal.
Presently 1.03 cores of registered assesses are accessing the GSTN network directly or through tax professional like us for filing their monthly/quarterly and other periodic returns, in addition to E-way bill, which is used for transporting the goods valued more than Rs. 50,000/-. Where as the GSTN itself limits and shows the capacity as 1.5 lakhs assesses at a time and so the capacity can’t be correlated with the assesses number.
In the midst of financial and economic crises, the GST Network create additional burden to the assesses in the nature of Late Fee/Interest.
So we pray to
1. Increase the server capacity of GSTN Network, to enable the entire registered dealer to access the portal for their day to day requirements like e-way bill, periodic returns, GSTR-2 verification, uploading outward supply details in regular basis etc.
2. Present system of imposing automated late fee for delayed submission of various returns through GSTN, in addition to imposing interest for delayed payment is a denial of natural justice to the assesses, so it is humbly request you to make necessary Amendments in GST Act/Rule to impose the late fee as a discretionary power by offering hearing to the tax payers thereby reduce the hardship faced by the business community.
3. By considering the upcoming the returns like GSTR1, GSTR 9 & GSTR 9C which falls due on 31st of this month, and the previous experience itself proved that the GSTN capacity is not correlated with assesses requirements, so it is humbly requested to extend the due date of GSTR 9 & GSTR 9C for the year 2017-18 to further one month.
Recent Representation on GSTR-9 & GSTR 9C due date extension Published till date on Taxguru
|15||30/01/2020||1) The Gujarat Sales Tax Bar Association
2) National Action Committee
3) All Gujarat Federation of Tax Consultant
4) Chartered Accountants Association, Ahmedabad
5) Income Tax Bar Association, Ahmedabad
6) Tax Advocates Association Gujarat
|Request to extend due date of GSTR-9, 9A & 9C for F.Y. 2017-18|
|14||NA||Taxation Bar Association, Modinagar||Letter for GST Portal issues and GSTR 9 & GSTR 9C Date extension|
|13||26/01/2020||Central Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Baroda Tax Bar Association||Extend due date of GSTR 9 & GSTR 9C to 31.03.2020 for FY 2017-18|
|12||27/01/2020||The Goods and Services Tax Practitioners’ Association of Maharashtra||Extend dates for filing Form GSTR-9 and Form GSTR-9C for FY 2017-18|
|11||27/01/2020||Tax Bar Association, Guwahati||Request to extend due date of GST Annual Returns for year 2017-18|
|10||27/01/2020||Sales Tax Bar Association, New Delhi||Extend date of filing of Form GSTR 9, GSTR 9A and GSTR 9C|
|9||27/01/2020||Association Of Tax Practitioners, Ernakulam||Extension of due date for filing GSTR-9/9A & GSTR-9C for F.Y. 2017-18|
|8||27/01/2020||Haryana Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||Extend GSTR 9 & GSTR 9C Return Filing due Date For Year 2017-18|
|7||22/01/2020||Ahilya Chamber of Commerce and Industry||GST Portal Issues | Problems in Forms | GSTR 9/9C due date extension|
|6||27/01/2020||Kerala Tax Practitioners’ Association (KTPA), Kochi||Extend due date of GSTR-9 & 9C for further one month|
|5||27/01/2020||District Tax Bar Association Sonipat.||Extend due date of GSTR-9 & GSTR-9C for FY 2017-18|
|4||26/01/2020||Central Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Baroda Tax Bar Association||Extend due date of GSTR 9 & GSTR 9C to 31.03.2020 for FY 2017-18|
|3||24/01/2020||Jamnagar Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||Request for extension of GSTR-9 / GSTR-9C report for year 2017-18|
|2||24/01/2020||The Southern Gujarat Commercial Tax Bar Association, Surat||Extend due date of GST Annual returns / Audit of 2017-18 to 31/3/2020|
|1||24/01/2020||Tax Bar Association, Jammu||Extend due date of GSTR-9 / GSTR-9C for year 2017-18 for UT of J&K|