Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Public Notice No. 34/2015-2020
New Delhi, the 28th September, 2016
Subject:- Allocation of quantity for export of preferential quota sugar to EU under CXL quota.
In exercise of the powers conferred under Paragraphs 2.04 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2015-2020, the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby allocates a quantity of 10,000 tons (Ten thousand tons) of white sugar under CXL concessions to European Union (EU) for the period October, 2016 to September, 2017.
2. As per Notification No. 3/2015-20 dated 20.04.2015, export of sugar (HS Code 17010000) to EU under CXL Quota and export of sugar to USA under TRQ is ‘Free’ subject to the conditions notified in the ‘Nature of Restrictions’ in the above notification and 20% Export duty applicable on export of raw sugar, white or refined sugar w.e.f. 16.06.2016 as per the Department of Revenue’s Notification no. 37/2016-Customs dated 16.06.2016.
3. As per Article 10 of European Union Regulation (EC) No. 891/2009 of 25.9.2009 “release for free circulation for the quotas of CXL concession sugar with Order No. 09.4321 shall be subject to the presentation of a Certificate of Origin issued by the competent authority of the third country concerned in accordance with Articles 55 to 65 of Regulation (EEC) No. 2454/93”. Accordingly, the entries to be made in the export authorization document EUR and GSP are as follows:-
(i) CXL Concessions Sugar
“[Application of Regulation (EC) No. 891/2009 under Schedule CXL (European Communities). CXL Concessions Sugar Serial No. 09.4321]”.
4. Certificate of Origin as per details given in para (3) above shall be issued by the Additional Director General of Foreign Trade, Mumbai and EUR Form is to be endorsed by Customs at the Port of Shipment.
5. The reporting requirement as notified vide Notification No. 3/2015-2020 dated 20.04.2015 would be required to be followed.
6. Effect of this Public Notice:
The quantity of sugar to be exported to EU under CXL Quota upto 30.09.2017 has been notified.
Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from F.No.01/91/180/879/AM08/Export Cell/Pt)
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018