Government of India
Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue
Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs
Dated 15th January, 2020
All Principal Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners of Customs, Customs & Central Taxes and Customs (Preventive).
All Principal Commissioners/Commissioners of Customs, Customs & Central Taxes and Customs (Preventive)
Madam / Sir,
‘e-SANCHIT’ application is successfully in operation since 01.04.2018. The objective of the application is to further reduce physical interface between Customs/regulatory agencies and the trade and also to increase the speed of clearance in both imports & exports.
2. The facility to upload digitally signed Licenses/Permits/Certificates/Other Authorizations (LPCOs) by Participating Government Agencies (PGAs) on e-SANCHIT at all ICES (Indian Customs EDI System) locations across India was introduced from 16.11.2018 vide Circular No. 44/2018-Cus. dated 13.11.2018. In this regard, reference is invited to Board’s Circular No.13/2019-Cus. dated 03.06.2019 and Circular No.19/2019-Cus dated 16.07.2019 respectively . With the Circular No.19/2019-Cus dated 16.07.2019, 43 PGAs have been enabled for uploading their LPCOs on eSANCHIT.
3. Now, 4 more PGAs with their LPCOs as detailed in the Annexure-I are being brought onboard the e-SANCHIT With this, the total number of PGAs brought on board becomes 47.
4. Since the facility to upload the LPCOs is now being fully made available to these 4 new PGAs, the beneficiaries i.e. importer/exporters/customs brokers would not be allowed to upload the previously issued LPCOs on e-SANCHIT e.f 31/01/2020. Further, to facilitate the members of the trade (beneficiaries), the PGAs are required to upload the LPCOs issued by them during the last 15 days from above cut-off date. Any LPCOs issued on a prior date may also be uploaded by the PGAs on e-SANCHIT, in order to enable the beneficiary to utilize the same.
5. It is reiterated that the PGAs will be communicating with the beneficiaries through the e-mail addresses registered in the ICEGATE. Board had already introduced simplified auto registration process in ICEGATE based on email IDs already provided by them for registration under GST without the use of digital signatures for limited purposes of e-SANCHIT (communication and viewing) and the IRNs will be communicated to such email IDs. In this regard, kindly refer to Board’s Circular No.13/2019-Cus. Dated 03.06.2019 and circular No.19/2019-Cus. dated 16.07.2019 . Since the facility of beneficiary uploading these documents through e-SANCHIT will be deactivated from 31.01.2020, beneficiary registration is of utmost importance. Hence, all the formations are requested to reach out to the beneficiaries to ensure that correct email addresses are reflected in the ICEGATE. Special efforts may be taken for wide publicity in this regard.
6. All Chief Commissioners of Customs are requested to issue public notices. Feedback and queries, if any, may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Any difficulties, in this regard, may be brought to the notice of the Board.
(Eric C Lallawmpuia)
|Document Name||Document Description||PGA Code|
|1||864TO1||Certificate of Origin in
Form-A under GSP
|Certificate of Origin under GSP is a preferential certificate of origin issued by Tobacco Board||TOBBD|
|2||101TO1||Registration as Exporter under REX self-certification system||Registration as Exporter under REX self-certification system issued by TobaccoBoard||TOBBD|
|3||864TO2||Global System of Trade
|Global System of Trade Preferences [GSTP] is a preferential certificate of origin issued by Tobacco Board||TOBBD|
|4||864TO3||Certificate of Origin under APTA||Certificate of Origin under APTA is a preferential certificate of origin issued by Tobacco Board||TOBBD|
|5||864TO4||Certificate of Origin under SAPTA||Certificate of Origin under SAPTA is a preferential certificate of origin issued by Tobacco Board||TOBBD|
|6||002TO1||Certificate of Authenticity-Tobacco||Certificate of Authenticity-Tobacco issued by Tobacco Board||TOBBD|
Certificate [RCMC] is issued by Tobacco Board for availing benefits under Foreign Trade Policy and of customs duty exemption
|8||101TO3||Exporter of Tobacco||Registration Certificate of Exporter of Tobacco is issued by Tobacco Board for exporting Tobacco||TOBBD|
|9||101TO4||Exporter of Tobacco
|Registration Certificate of Exporter of Tobacco Products is issued by Tobacco Board for exporting Tobacco Products||TOBBD|
|10||101IR1||Certificate of Registration||Certificate of Registration issued by DSIR for availing import duty benefit||DSIR|
|Registration cum Membership
Certificate issued by Cashew Export Promotion Council for availing benefits under Foreign Trade Policy and for customs duty exemption
|12||861CA1||Certificate of Origin (Non Preferential)||Certificate of Origin (Non Preferential) is issued by Cashew Export Promotion Council certifying the goods of Indian origin.||CASHEW|
|13||911DA1||Import Licence||Licence for import is issued by
Department of Atomic Energy for import of prescribed substance as per Atomic Energy Act, 1962 and Rules thereunder
|14||811DA1||Export Licence||Licence for Export is issued by Department of Atomic Energy for Export of prescribed substance as per Atomic Energy Act, 1962 and Rules thereunder||DAE|