General Circular No. 03/2017
Government of India
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5th Floor, ‘A’ Wing
Shastri Bhawan, Dr. R. P. Road
New Delhi – 110001
Nodal Officer’s (IEPF) of Concerned Companies
All Regional Director’s & Registrar of Companies of Min. of Corp. Affairs
Subject: Transfer of Shares to IEPF Authority
Pursuant to second proviso to Rule 6 of Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (Accounting, Audit, Transfer and Refund) Amendment Rules, 2017 notified on February 28, 2017, where the seven year period provided under sub-section (5) of section 124 is completed during September 7, 2016 to May 31, 2017, the due date for transfer of such shares by companies is May 31, 2017.
2. The IEPF Authority has decided to open a special demat account with National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) through a Depository Participant of NSDL.
3. The special demat account will have features and functionality to support IEPF operations using paperless, digital processes and facilitate record keeping of shares transferred to the IEPF Authority to meet the requirements of the Rules. The details of the DEMAT account will be issued in due course.
4. All companies required to transfer shares to IEPF Authority under the aforesaid Rules shall transfer such shares, whether held in dematerialised form or physical form,to the demat account of IEPF Authority by way of corporate action. Information related to the shareholders whose shares are being transferred to IEPF’s demat account shall be provided to NSDL in prescribed format.
5. NSDL will prescribe the file formats and operational procedures for transfer of shares to special demat account of the IEPF Authority by April 30th 2017 and May 15th 2017 respectively.
6. The charges to be levied by NSDL to the companies towards upload and maintenance of records pertaining to shares transferred to the special demat account of the IEPF Authority are as under:
7. Transaction Feesat the time of effecting transfer of shares to Demat Account of IEPF Authority: Rs. 10/- per record subject to minimum of Rs. 500/-.
8. Annual Maintenance Fees: Rs. 11/- per record subject to minimum based on paid-up capital of the company as mentioned below:
|Nominal Value of Admitted
|Annual Custody Fee payable by Company (Rs.)|
|Upto Rs.5 crore||2,700|
|Above Rs. 5 crore and upto Rs.10 crore||6,750|
|Above. Rs.10 crore and upto Rs.20 crore||13,500|
|Above Rs.20 crore||22,500|
These charges are in addition to the fees that Depositories levy on the companies for corporate actions.
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018