2. With the said amendment, the requirement of taking prior approval by the underwriters from SEBI for change in status or constitution has been dispensed with. However, the underwriters are required to take prior approval from SEBI for change in control.
3. Pursuant to the aforesaid notification, all underwriters shall report the following change(s) to SEBI on a half-yearly basis within 15 days of expiry of the half-year, commencing from the half-year ended September 30, 2011.
4. The above report shall be submitted in electronic form only to e-mail id firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Report on change of status or constitution submitted by aaa for the half-year ended xxx yyyy” where aaa represents the name of underwriter, xxx represents the month at the end of the half-year and yyyy represents the year. For example, if an underwriter ABC Limited submits the aforesaid report for the half-year ended September 2011, the e-mail sent to uwasebi.gov.in shall bear the subject line “Report on change of status or constitution submitted by ABC Limited for the half-year ended September 2011”.
5. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the interests of
investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
6. This circular is available on SEBI website (www.sebi.g0v.in) under the categories “Legal Framework” and “Circulars”.
eputy General Manager
Tel. No: 022-26449220
Email id: email@example.com