CIRCULAR No. CIR/MIRSD/1/2012, Dated- January 10, 2012
Sub: Disclosure of Track Record of the public issues managed by Merchant Bankers
1. SEBI regulations require that the offer document shall contain adequate disclosures so as to enable investors to take well informed investment decisions. Further, a merchant banker is required to exercise due diligence and satisfy himself about all the aspects of the issue including the veracity and adequacy of disclosures in the offer documents.
2. Therefore, it is necessary for investors to evaluate the post-issue performance of the issuer in terms of disclosures made in the offer documents. This will also enable them to understand the level of due diligence exercised by the merchant bankers.
3. In view of the above, it has now been decided in consultation with the merchant bankers that they shall disclose the track record of the performance of the public issues managed by them. The track record shall be disclosed for a period of three financial years from the date of listing for each public issue managed by the merchant banker. The format for disclosure of track record is given in the Annexure to this circular.
4. The track record shall be disclosed on the website of the merchant banker and a reference to this effect shall be made in the offer documents of public issues managed in the future. In case more than one merchant banker is associated with a public issue, all merchant bankers who have signed the due diligence certificate, as disclosed in the offer document, shall disclose the track record.
5. The circular shall be applicable for the public issues listed from the date of this circular, with immediate effect. However, in case of past public issues managed during the last three years, the track record as specified in Clause 3 above shall be disclosed latest by March 31, 2012.
6. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
7. This circular is available on SEBI website (www.sebi.gov.in) under the categories “Legal Framework” and “Circulars”.
Deputy General Manager
Tel. No: 022-26449220
Email id: email@example.com