Securities And Exchange Board Of India
April 16, 2010
The Managing Director/Executive Director/Administrator of all the Stock Exchanges
Sub: Amendments to Equity Listing Agreement – Discontinuation of Electronic Data Information Filing and Retrieval (EDIFAR) System.
1. SEBI had, vide circular no SEBI/CFD/DIL/LA/4/2007/27/12 dated December 27, 2007 informed that EDIFAR will be phased out gradually in view of new portal viz. Corporate Filing and Dissemination System (CFDS) put in place jointly by BSE and NSE at the URL www.corpfiling.co.in.
2. SEBI has since discontinued the EDIFAR system w.e.f from April 1, 2010. In view of this, Stock Exchanges are advised to carry out the consequential amendments in Equity Listing Agreement i.e. removal of words, “and also through the EDIFAR website” from Clause 32 and omission of Clause 51 from Equity Listing Agreement.
The Stock Exchanges are also advised to inform about discontinuation of EDIFAR to all the listed companies.
3. The aforesaid amendments shall come into force with immediate effect.
4. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred by sub-section (1) of Section 11 of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the interest of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
5. This circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in under the categories “Legal Framework” and “Issues and Listing”.
Phone: +91 2644 9350
Email: [email protected]