June 30, 2017
1. All Foreign Portfolio Investors (“FPIs”) through their Designated Depository Participants (“DDPs”)/ Custodian of Securities.
2. The Depositories (NSDL and CDSL)
3. All Recognised Stock Exchanges
4. KYC Registration Agencies (KRAs)
Subject: Acceptance of e-PAN card for KYC purpose
2. Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has recently introduced a facility of E-PAN (electronic PAN card) vide press release dated April 11, 2017. Accordingly it is clarified that E-PAN issued by CBDT can also be produced by FPI for KYC The other instructions contained in Circular CIR/IMD/FPIC/123/201 6 dated November 17, 2016 remains unchanged.
3. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
4. A copy of circular is available at the links “Legal Framework Circulars” and “Info for F.P.I” on our website www.sebi.gov.in. The DDPs/Custodians are requested to bring the contents of this circular to notice of their clients.
Deputy General Manager
Tel No.: 022-26449619