SAILENT FEATURERS OF THE BUDGET SPEECH OF HON. FINANCE MINISTER SHRI SUDHIR MUNGANTIWAR ON WEDNESDAY, 18TH MARCH 2015
Main Thrust Areas :
- Emphasis on dry land farming, accelerated development of infrastructure, removal of disparity, development of urban areas and generation of employment opportunities for youth.
- Stringent measures to enhance revenue collection and ensuring effective capital expenditure.
- Two digit economic growth with focus on agriculture, trade and industry, infrastructure development and financial discipline.
- Government resolve to take agriculture growth rate to 6%.
Debt Relief from Money Lenders :
- Debt relief of Rs. 171 crore benefitting over 2 lakh farmers in Marathwada and Vidarbha regions.
- Jalyukta Shivar Abhiyan- Rs. 1000 crore, cement Nala Bunds- Rs.500
crore and Repairs of ex-Malgujari tanks in Vidarbha- Rs. 100 crore.
- Ambitious programme of micro irrigation with outlay of Rs.330 crore.
- New scheme of ‘Motiramji Lahane Krishi Samruddhi Yojana’ in suicide prone Yavatmal district with emphasis on mechanisation of agriculture and convergence of various agricultural schemes.
- State Employment Guarantee Scheme- Rs.700 crore and Mahatma
Gandhi National Employment Guarantee Scheme – Rs. 1948 crore.
- Rashtriya Krishi Yojana- Rs. 336 crore and National Food Security Mission and Agricultural Extension and Technology Mission- 257 crore.
- Outlay for irrigation sector- Rs. 7272 crore
- Strict implementation of technical and financial management of irrigation projects.
- ‘Mukhyamantri Gramin Marg Yojana’ announced for rural roads with outlay of Rs. 300 crore. The outlay to be enhanced to Rs. 1000 crore every year.
- Pradhanmantri Gram Sadak Yojana- Rs. 790 crore. An outlay of 71 crore for those works which do not fit into the norms of the scheme.
- Outlay of Rs. 3213 crore for road works of 5000 kilometres.
- New scheme ‘Aamdar Adarsh Gaon Yojana’ announced.
- Power generation projects- Rs. 535.34 crore.
- Infrastructure Development for power distribution – Rs. 538 crore.
- Hydal projects – Rs. 900 crore.
Housing for BPL families :
- New scheme named ‘Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay Gharkul Jaga Khaderi Arthsahayya Yojana’ announced. Financial assistance up to Rs. 50,000 under the scheme to buy land to BPL families for dwelling house.
- Target of 1,00,000 dwelling houses under housing schemes with outlay of Rs. 884 crore.
Swachchha Bharat Abhiyan:
- Swachchha Bharat Abhiya launched in the state with outlay of Rs. 810 crore.
- Mumbai Metro Line-3 Project – Rs.109.60 crore, Nagpur Metro Rail Project – Rs. 197.65 crore and Pune Metro Project – Rs. 174.99
- Smart Cities – Rs. 268 crore.
- Purchase of S. T. buses and repairs of bus depots – Rs. 141 crore.
- Railway projects under construction – Rs. 68.60 crore.
- Airport Development – Rs. 91 crore.
- Land acquisition and rehabilitation of Mihan Project – Rs. 200 crore.
Industry and Tourism :
- Cluster Incentive Scheme – Rs. 315 crore.
- Subsidy on electricity to power looms – Rs. 1232.53 crore.
- Preservation and protection of notified forts – Rs. 50 crore.
- Establishment of Maharashtra State Eco-tourism Development Board to develop tourism in the forest and protection of bio-diversity
- Development of road side facilities for tourist – Rs. 50 crore.
- Development of Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Project, Gorewada and Sanjay Gandhi National Park – Rs. 100 crore.
- ‘Uttamrao Patil Forest Park’ at every district.
- Maharashtra State Bamboo Development Board to be constituted
- New scheme of ‘Shyamaprasad Mukherjee Jana Van Vikas Yojana’ to increase forest cover and forest management through public participation.
- New scheme ‘Pramod Mahajan Kaushalya Vikas Yojana’ announced for skill development.
- Research and training institute at Sevagram at Vardha to promote rural artisans and handicrafts
Education, Health and Women Development:
- Construction of girl’s hostel – Rs. 112.50 crore.
- All girl’s hostels in the state will have protection wall in the next three years.
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan – Rs.1690.56 crore.
- National Health Mission – Rs. 1996.48 crore.
- Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayi Aroya Yojana— Rs. 300 crore.
- New scheme of ‘Punyashlok Ahilyabai Holkar Bajarpeth Yojana’ announced to develop market for products of women self-help groups.
Minorities, Special Assistance and Tribal Development:
- Share capital contribution to Maulana Azad Alpasankhyank Vikas Mahamandal – Rs.150 crore.
- Special assistance to BPL families – Rs.1451.50 crore.
- Special Component Plan for scheduled castes population – 6490 crore.
- Tribal Sub Plan – Rs. 5170 crore.
Police and Courts:
- CCTV cameras to be installed in Amravati, Nashik, Aurangabad and Nagpur cities.
- Cyber Crime Lab at every district.
- Court building and residential buildings for Judges – Rs. 413.60 crore.
Strengthening of Administration:
- Independent Evidence Based Photography Monitoring Cell at Mantralaya level.
- Scheme to reward officers and staff in Government who come out with innovative ideas on saving expenditure or increasing Government
- Local Body Tax to be abolished from 1st August 2015. Compensation of Revenue by enhancing VAT tax rate.
- Women drawing salary upto to Rs. 10000 per month exempted from Profession Tax .
- Tax rate on ladies Hand Bags and Purses reduced from 12.5 per cent to 5 per cent.
- Work Book, Graph Book, Drawing Book and Laboratory Book for student’s tax free.
- Tax rate on LED Bulb reduced from 12.5 per cent to 5 per cent.
- Tax rate on Guide wire used in medical treatment reduced from 12.5 per cent to 5 per cent.
- Some medicines for treatment of Cancer tax free.
- Reduction of late fee for VAT Return from Rs. 2000 to Rs.1000. Tax concession on essential commodities continued for one more year. No VAT on Service Tax.
- Rate of Excise Duty on Country liquor to be at 200 per cent of manufacturing cost or Rs. 120 per proof liter, whichever is higher.
- Mobilisation of Revenue by enhanced premimum on additional FSI. Entry Tax on import of Long Steel in State.
- Tax rate on Plain & Pre-laminated Particle Board enhanced from 5 per cent to 12.5 per cent.