1. A taxpayer may now file NIL Form GSTR-3B, through an SMS, apart from filing it through online mode, on GST Portal.
2. To file NIL Form GSTR-3B through SMS, the taxpayer must fulfill following conditions:
-They must be registered as Normal taxpayer/ Casual taxpayer/ SEZ Unit / SEZ Developer.
-They have valid GSTIN.
-Phone number of Authorized signatory is registered on the GST Portal.
-There is no pending tax liability for previous tax periods, interest or late fee.
-All GSTR-3B returns for previous tax periods are filed.
-No data should be in saved stage for Form GSTR-3B on the GST Portal, related to that respective month.
-NIL Form GSTR-3B can be filed anytime on or after the 1st of the subsequent month for which the return is to be filed.
3. NIL Form GSTR-3B for a tax period must be filed if the taxpayer:
4. All the authorized representatives, for a particular GSTIN can file NIL Form GSTR-3B through SMS.
a. If more than one authorized representative/ signatory have the same mobile number registered on the GST Portal, such SMS requests will not be accepted for filing NIL Form GSTR-3B.
b. An SMS and e-mail will be sent on the e-mail and mobile number of the primary authorized signatory.
c. In case, filer of NIL Form GSTR-3B is an authorized signatory, SMS will be sent to his/her mobile number also.
5. Taxpayer can file NIL Form GSTR-3B, through SMS for all GSTINs, for whom they are an Authorized Signatory, using same mobile number.
|1||How to File Nil Form GSTR-3B through SMS|
|2||How to file ‘Nil’ Form GSTR-3B return Online with DSC or EVC|
|3||NIL GST Return through SMS enabled|
|4||Updated FAQs on GSTR 3B Return under GST Regime|
|5||GSTR-3B EVC filing & Filing by SMS effective from 08.06.2020|