OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-III),
MUMBAI ZONE-II, JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE,
NHAVA SHEVA, TALUKA: URAN, DISTRICT: RAIGAD,
F. No. S/22-Gen-04/2017-18/ AM (I)/JNCH
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 31/2018
Subject: – Implementation of paperless processing under SWIFT — Mandatory uploading of supporting documents for all the bills of entry filed in JNCH w.e.f. 15.03.2018- Regarding.
Attention of all the Importers, Customs Brokers, other stake holders and members of the trade is invited to Public Notice No. 162/2017 dated 29.12.2017 issued by JNCH, wherein a facility to upload digitally signed supporting documents concerning bills of entry, was introduced at JNCH on a pilot basis through e-SANCHIT.
2. Subsequently, another Public Notice No. 28/2018 dated 23.02.2018 was issued, wherein this facility has been made mandatory for bills of entry pertaining to Appraising Group IV, VA, VB and 7H w.e.f. 01.03.2018. Importers/ Customs Brokers were also informed that bills of entry pertaining to other Appraising Groups can also be filed by using e-SANCHIT facility on voluntary basis as use of e-SANCHIT will enhance the speed of import clearance.
3. It has now been decided that it shall be obligatory to upload the supporting documents through e-SANCHIT facility for all the bills of entry filed in JNCH w.e.f. 15.03.2018.
4. Accordingly, following procedures is prescribed in order to smooth implementation of this facility:
a) When a bill of entry is filed by using e-SANCHIT facility, hard copy of uploaded documents will not be insisted by Assessing Officers. Hard copies of additional documents required during assessment should be uploaded through e-SANCHIT as per procedure outlined in the Public Notice no. 162/2017 dated 29.12.2017.
b) Certain documents/ certificates in original (for example, Certificates of Origin, duty exemption certificate, etc.), are required to be mandatorily verified at the time of assessment and/ or clearance stage, as the case may be. However, even such documents must be uploaded on e-SANCHIT before clearance.
5. To facilitate smooth functioning of this facility of uploading the supporting documents, the feedback, queries/difficulties, in implementation of this Public Notice, if any, shall be brought to the notice of the undersigned or may be addressed to the Deputy Commissioner of Customs (EDI), JNCH, Nhava Sheva by email to email@example.com or Deputy/Assistant Commissioner in charge of Appraising Main (Import), NS-III (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org )
6. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
Commissioner of Customs (NS-III).
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II / NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
6. Representative of BCBA / FIEO for information and circulation among their members for information.
7. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018