MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
(Department of Commerce)
(DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF TRADE REMEDIES)
New Delhi, the 8th May 2020
Case No. AC-01/2020
Subject : Termination of Anti-Circumvention investigation concerning alleged circumvention of anti-dumping duty imposed on the imports of “Polytetrafluoroethylene” (PTFE) originating in or exported from Russia by imports of “Polytetrafluoroethylene” (PTFE) exported from Korea RP.
F. No. 07/07/2020-DGTR.-
1. Having regard to the Customs Tariff Act 1975 as amended from time to time (hereinafter also referred to as the “Act”) and the CustomTariff (Identification and Assessment of AD Rules) Rules, 1997, as amended from time to time (hereinafter also referred to as th “Rule”) thereof, M/s Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited (hereinafter referred to as “the Applicant”) filed an appl cation before the Designated Authority in accordance with the Act and Rules supra for initiation of Anti-Circumvention investigation concerning imports of Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) (hereinafter also referred to as the subject goods or product under consideration) into India alleging increased imports of subject goods and consequent serious injury and threat of serious injury being caused by such increased imports of Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) from Korea RP.
2. The Designated Authority, on the basis of prima facie evidence submitted by the Applicant, issued a public notice vide Notification No. 07/07/2020-DGTR dated 16th April 2020, published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, initiating the subject investigation in accordance with the Rule 25 and 26 of the Rules to consider extension of existing anti-dumping duty on imports of subject goods from Russia to the subject goods imported from South Korea.
B. Withdrawal of the application by Domestic Industry
3. While the Authority was in the process of proceeding further with the conduct of investigation, in accordance with the Rules, the Applicant vide their email communication dated 7th May, 2020 withdrew the application stating the Applicant had sought circumvention investigation in respect of Chinese and Russian duties, whereas the investigation have been initiated only in respect of imports from Korea. The Applicant has requested the Authority to terminate the present investigation with liberty to the Applicant to resubmit the application, after further substantiating the circumvention of AD duty imposed on subject goods from China PR as well.
C. Examination by the Designated Authority
4. In view of the request made by the domestic industry withdrawing its application, the Designated Authority considers that the investigation has become infructuous after the withdrawal of application.
5. Since the Applicant has withdrawn the application, it is considered appropriate not to proceed further with the conduct of investigation. Accordingly, in terms of Rule 14 (a) of the Rules the Authority, hereby, terminates the present investigation concerning imports of Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) into India from Korea RP initiated vide Notification No. 07/07/2020-DGTR dated 16th April 2020.
BHUPINDER S. BHALLA, Addl. Secy. & Designated Authority