No. 11/ 02/ 2018-CSR
Government of India
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5th Floor, A- Wing, Shastri Bhawan
Dr. R. P. Road, New Delhi- 110001
Subject: Re-Constitution of Steering Committee of National Foundation for Corporate Social Responsibility (NFCSR).
Pursuant to the approval of Hon’ble Minister of Corporate Affairs, a restructured Steering Committee of National Foundation for Corporate Social Responsibility (NFCSR) is hereby constituted to prepare a roadmap, oversee the functioning and steer the activities of NFCSR for providing policy inputs and policy advocacy in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). The NFCSR will continue to be housed and managed by the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA), which will provide logistics, managerial and secretarial support to the Steering Committee.
2. The composition of Steering Committee of NFCSR is as under:
|1.||Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA)
– Shri Injeti Srinivas
|2.||Secretary, Department of Public Enterprises (DPE), Government of India
– Smt. Seema Bahuguna
|3.||Chairman, Securities and Exchange board of India (SEBI) or its Nominee
– Shri Ajay Tyagi
|4.||Director General and Chief Executive Officer (DG & CEO), Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA)
– Dr. Sameer Sharma
|5.||Joint Secretary (CSR), MCA
– Shri Gyaneshwar Kumar Singh
|6.||Representative from CPSE (1 member) Chairman & Managing Director, NTPC
– Shri Gurudeep Singh
|7.||Representatives from Industry (3 members)
a) Sh. Adi Godrej, Chairman, Godrej Group
a) Sh. Harsh Pati Singhania, MD, JK Papers Limited
b) Sh. Ajay Shriram, Chairman, DCM Shriram
|8.||Representatives from State Government / State Level CSR Authorities (3 members by rotation)
a) Chief Secretary, State of Gujarat
– Dr. Jagdip Narayan Singh
b) Chief Secretary, State of Odisha
– Sh. Aditya Prasad Padhi
c) Chief Secretary, State of Rajasthan
– Shri Devendra Bhushan Gupta
|9.||Two Apex Level Chambers (2 members by rotation)
a) Secretary General, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
– Shri Dilip Chenoy
b) Director General, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
– Shri Chandrajit Banerjee
|10.||One Professional Institutes
(1 member by rotation)
Institute of Company Secretaries of India
|11.||One Stock Exchange
(1 member by rotation) MD & CEO, Bombay Stock Exchange
– Shri Ashishkumar Chauhan
|12.||Two Representatives from NGO (2 members by rotation)
a) Dr. Harish Krishnaswamy Chief Operating Officer, Tata Trusts
b) Sh. Anil K. Gupta, Founder, Honey Bee Network
|13.||Eminent Persons (3 members)
a) Shri Narayana Ramachandran, Educationist and Former President, The Indian Olympic Association
b) Shri Bindeshwar Pathak
c) Shri Shankar Venkateswaran
3. The terms of reference of Steering Committee are:
a. To sensitize stakeholders on the importance of CSR and to facilitate exchange of experiences and ideas between corporate leaders, policy makers, regulators, law enforcing agencies, non-government organizations with a view to develop a framework for CSR domain and to provide a strong, independent, neutral and credible platform to Central and State Government, Local Authorities,.
b. To facilitate in policy research, advisory, training, capacity building, monitoring, standard setting in the field of CSR.
c. To publish and disseminate information about the objectives and achievements of the Foundations.
d. To organize, conduct and/or participate in national and international conferences, seminars, workshops etc. for promoting the objectives of the Foundation.
e. To plan and make the policies for strategic direction and setting up the foundation goals.
f. To undertake any other activity as and when need arise and to formulate any other rules governing the functioning of the Foundation.
g. To engage advisers, consultants and research scholars as per the regulations of the Foundations for all or any of the objectives of the foundation.
h. To establish, equip, maintain and operate all administrative functions, directly or indirectly, as may be necessary for fulfilling the objects of the NFCSR (Foundation).
i. To approve the budget estimates, if any
j. To undertake any other activity towards the objectives of NFCSR
4. The tenure of the Steering Committee will be for three years from the date of its constitution.
5. The Steering Committee shall meet at least four times in a year.
6. The Chairman of the Committee has the discretion to co-opt other members as and when required. Such members may include representatives from Central Government, State Government, Local Government, Corporate, Civil Societies and other eminent person nominated by Chairman.
7. In the event of the Chairman not being able to attend a meeting, the members present may decide the Chair of the meeting.
8. The Non-government outstation members shall be entitled to claim the below mentioned allowances to attend the meetings of the Committee:
a) Daily Allowances: It is fixed at the following rates:
|A Class Cities||Rs. 1500/- per day|
|B Class Cities||Rs. 1200/- per day|
|Other Cities||Rs. 1000/- per day|
b) Lodging expenses: The reimbursement of actual lodging expenses incurred any be sanctioned subject to maximum of Rs. 7500/- + tax per day.
c) Travelling expenses (domestic travel by road): in the event of travel by road either by owned or hired car, reimbursement shall be restricted to Rs.15/- per kilometer, actual cost or standard economy class air fare in any Government Airline, whichever is least.
9. IICA shall provide logistic support, secretarial assistance and dedicated staff for smooth functioning.
10. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
All Committee Members.
1) PS to Hon’ble Minister of Corporate Affairs
2) PS to Hon’ble MOS(CA)
3) PPS to Secretary (CA)
4) PS to DGCoA
5) PS to AS
6) PS to JS (AA)/JS(K)/ JS(G)
7) –“E- Governance Cell for placing on MCA website under `News and updates’
8) Guard File