[To be published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, section 3, sub-section (i)]
Government of India
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
New Delhi, the 18/09/2014
G.S.R. 671(E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by second proviso to subsection (1), sub-section (4) and clause (f) of sub-section (6) of section 149, subsections (3) and (4) of section 150, section 151, sub-section (5) of section 152, section 153, section 154, section 157, section 160, sub-section (1) of section 168 and section 170 read with section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013, the Central Government hereby makes the following rules to amend the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, namely:-
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
(1) in rule 6, –
(a) in sub-rule (2) –
(i) clause (c) shall be omitted;
(ii) in clause (d), the words “and mother’s name and Spouse’s name (if married)” shall be omitted;
(b) in sub-rule (4), the words letters and figure “in Form DIR-1” shall be omitted;
(2) in rule 9, in sub-rule (3),
(a) (i) in clause (a), for the words “therein and sign the form”, the words “therein, verify and sign the form” shall be substituted;
(ii) sub-clause (iv) shall be omitted.
(b) after sub-rule (3), the following sub-rule shall be inserted, namely:-
“(4) In case the name of a person does not have a last name, then his or her father’s or grandfather’s surname shall be mentioned in the last name along with the declaration in Form No. DIR-3A.”;
(3) in rule 10,-
(a) in sub-rule (1), for the words and letters “the provisional DIN shall be generated by the system automatically which shall not be utilised till the DIN is confirmed by the Central Government”, the words an application number shall be generated by the system automatically” and letters shall be substituted;
(b) in sub-rule (2), for the words and letters “the provisional DIN” the words “application number” shall be substituted;
(c) in sub-rule (4), the words and letters “the provisional DIN so allotted by the system shall get lapsed automatically and” shall be omitted;
(4) after rule 10, the following rule shall be inserted, namely:-
“10A. (1) Every director, functioning as a director in one or more companies on or before the 3011‘ June, 2007 and who has not yet intimated his DIN to such company or companies shall, within one month of the receipt of Director Identification Number from the Central Government, intimate his Director Identification Number to the company or all companies wherein he is a director as per Form DIR-3B.
(2) The intimation by the company of Director Identification Number of its directors under section 157 of the Act shall be furnished in Form DIR-3C within fifteen days of receipt of intimation under section 156.”;
(5) in rule 11, after the words “application received”, the words “alongwith fee as specified in Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Rules, 2014” shall be inserted
(6) in rule 12, in sub-rule (1), for sub-clause (i), the following sub-clause shall be substituted, namely:-
“(1) The applicant shall download Form DIR-6 from the portal, fill in the relevant changes, verify the Form and attach duly scanned copy of the proof of the changed particulars and submit electronically.”;
(7) the existing Form DIR-1 shall be omitted;
(8) for the existing Forms DIR-3, the following Form shall be substituted, namely:-
This e-Form has been taken on file maintained by the registrar of companies through electronic mode and on the basis of statement of correctness given by the company.
(12) form DIR-7 shall be omitted;
[F .No. 01/9/2013(Part-II) CL-V]
(Amardeep Singh Bhatia)
Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India
Note:- The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section(i) vide no. G.S.R. 259(E), dated the 31st March, 2014.