UNIQUE DOCUMENT IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (UDIN) Guidelines 2019 is Approved by ICSI Council on 27th June, 2019
Objective of the Guidelines
1. enable the stakeholders to verify the authenticity of various documents certified by Company Secretaries in Practice;
2. prevent counterfeiting of various attestations / certifications;
3. provide ease of maintaining the Register of Attestation / Certification services
4. ensure compliance of the Guidelines issued by the Institute w.r.t ceilings on the number of the various certification / attestation services that may be rendered by the practitioners rendered by practicing members;
5. auto-prefill details of Certification / Attestation services rendered by practicing
Applicability of the Guidelines
UDIN Shall be generated for the following Services rendered by PCS-
1. Certification of Annual Return in Form MGT-8
2. Issuance of Secretarial Audit Report
3. Issuance of Secretarial Audit Report to material unlisted subsidiaries of listed entities
4. Issuance of Annual Secretarial Compliance Report to Listed entities
5. Certification under SEBI (Listing Obligations & Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015
6. Conduct of Internal Audit of Operations of the Depository Participants registered with NSDL and CDSL under the Bye Laws issued by NSDL and CDSL
7. Certification under Regulation 76 of SEBI (Depositories and Participants) Regulations, 2018 for Reconciliation of Share Capital Audit.
8. Acting as Compliance Auditor under third party certification/ Audit Scheme (Amendment), 2018 in the State of Haryana
9. Diligence reporting for Banks in case of multiple banking/consortium lending arrangements in terms of the circular issued by RBI
10. Conduct of Internal Audit of the stock brokers / sub brokers under SEBI
How to generate UDIN
The practicing company secretary shall go to the designated website, and create a login id and password by entering the Membership Number, CoP No., Phone No., Email id, AADHAR and Income Tax PAN
1. The login id would be verified through a computer application.
2. The UDIN shall be a system generated random alphanumeric number
3. No document shall be required to be uploaded.
Who can monitor UDIN
UDIN shall be generated at the time of signing the Certificate/ Report and mandatorily be mentioned in the Certificate, Report and documents along with the Certificate of Practice
1. Quoting UDIN on the certifications, attestations, w.r.t the professional services as mentioned under subclauses (i) to (xii) of Clause 3 supra shall be mandatory w.e.f. 1st October 2019.
Provided however that, quoting UDIN on the certifications, attestations w.r.t the professional services as mentioned under subclauses (i) to (xii) of Clause 3 supra shall be recommendatory with immediate effect.
2. The details of UDIN generated by a PCS during a Financial Year shall be auto filled in the application form for renewal of Certificate of Practice.
Provided however that for the Financial Year 2020-21 the details of UDIN generated by a practicing member during the six-month period commencing from 1st October 2019 will only be auto filled in the application form for renewal of Certificate of Practice and the data pertaining to the six month period upto and including 30th September 2019 is to be filled in by the practicing member on his own.