CIRCULAR No. CIR/IMD/FIIC/14/2012 Dated- June 07, 2012
Sub:- Reporting of Offshore Derivative Instruments (ODIs)/ Participatory Notes (PNs) activity
1. Please refer to the SEBI Circular No. CIR/IMD/FIIC/1/2011 dated January 17, 2011 read with Circular No. CIR/IMD/FIIC/7/2011 dated June 15, 2011 and Circular No. CIR/IMD/FIIC/6/2011 dated May 12, 2011 on the captioned matter.
2. On a review, it has been decided to revise the reporting timelines specified in para 3 of Circular dated January 17, 2011 which are as follows:-
a. FIIs issuing ODIs/PNs shall submit details of ODI/PN transaction report (Annexure A, B and C) along with the monthly summary report by 10th of every month for previous month`s ODI transactions. The first such report shall be submitted for the month of October 2012 by November 10, 2012.
b. The details of ODI/PN transaction report for month of December 2011 to April 2012 shall be submitted with six months lag.
c. The details of ODI/PN transactions report for month of May 2012 to September 2012 shall be submitted along with report of October 2012 by November 10, 2012.
3. All other provisions of the circular CIR/IMD/FIIC/1/2011 dated January 17, 2011 shall remain unchanged.
4. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Regulation 20 and 20A of the SEBI (Foreign Institutional Investors) Regulations, 1995 read with Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act 1992, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
5. A copy of this circular is available at the web page “F.I.I.” on our website www.sebi.gov.in. The custodians are requested to bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their FII clients.
Deputy General Manager
Tel No.: 022-26449614