Securities and Exchange Board of India
All Mutual Funds (MFs)/
Asset Management Companies (AMCs)/
Trustee Companies/ Boards of Trustees of Mutual Funds
Sir / Madam,
Sub: Filing of Advertisements under SEBI (Mutual Funds) Regulations, 1996
1. Regulation 30 of SEBI (Mutual Funds) Regulations, 1996 (MF Regulations) on Advertisement material, requires Mutual Funds to submit to SEBI, the advertisements issued by them, within 7 days from the date of issue.
2. In continuation to the various Go Green initiatives in Mutual Funds, the Mutual Funds are now advised to submit links to access the advertisements to be filed under the MF Regulations by sending the same through e-mail to SEBI at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, advertisement materials like pamphlets may be submitted as attachment along with e-mail, if the size of the attachment does not exceed 250 KB.
3. Mutual Funds shall however, maintain copy of advertisements for future references.
4. While sending the e-mail, the compliance officer of respective Mutual Fund shall expressly confirm that the advertisement is in compliance with the Advertisement code specified in the sixth schedule of the MF Regulations.
5. This circular shall come in force with immediate effect.
6. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, read with the provisions of Regulation 77 of SEBI (Mutual Funds) Regulations, 1996, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
Tel no.: 022-26449372