Directorate of Income Tax (Systems)
ARA Centre, Ground Floor, E-2, Jhandewalan Extension, New Delhi — 110055
Email: email@example.com, Telephone: 0120-2770029
TIME BARRING MATTER
The Pr. Chief Commissioner of Income Tax (By Name)
Ahmedabad/ Chennai/ Kolkata/ Pune/ Bhubaneswar/ Delhi/ Kochi/ Jaipur/ Bangalore/ Guwahati/ Mumbai/ Lucknow/ Bhopal/ Hyderabad/ Nagpur/Chandigarh/ Kanpur/ Patna
Subject:- Generation of scrutiny notices u/s 143(2) for PAN selected in CASS-2016 regarding. (Time barring matter)
Kindly refer to letter No. F.No.System/ ITBA/Instruction/ Assessment/2015-16 dtd.15/03/2016, F.No.System/ ITBA/Instruction/ Assessment/CASS Cycle 2/2016-17 dtd. 25/07/2016 and F.no. DGIT(S)-2/ADG(S)-2ICASS 2016-17/93 dated 16/09/2016 requiring Assessing officers to generate scrutiny notices u/s 143(2) for PANs selected in cycle 1, cycle 2 and cycle 3 of CASS-2016.
2. It is seen that till 28-09-2016, notices have not been issued in 625 cases.
3. These 625 cases include 62 cases which are lying with inactive codes.
4. It is requested that PANs available in the inactive code list, where AO is marked as Old/ Defunct, may please be migrated to their correct jurisdiction on priority basis by the CIT(CO) or by the higher authority/Range and above whosoever is Active for that old/defunct AO, so that notices u/s. 143(2) for scrutiny can be issued on time. Also, in cases where no employee number is attached with an AO code a review of AO on priority basis may be undertaken by respective RCC.
5. An Assessing officer wise summary and list of such cases as mentioned in para 2 is available in ITAXNET. [Path: Resources -> Downloads -> Systems -> Generation of scrutiny notices u/s 143(2) required]
6. In view of the above, you are requested to make arrangements for issue of notice u/s 143(2) well before the time barring date i.e. 30.09 2016.
Addl. Director General of Income Tax ( System)-2
Copy to: PPS to Member L&C), Member(Inv.), Member (IT) & Member Rev.), CBDT and Pr. DGIT(Systems), New Delhi for information.
Web Manager for hosting this letter on the www irsofficersonline. gov. in
Addl. Director General of Income Tax (Systems)-2