Section(s) Referred: s. 36AC(1)(b)
Statute: INCOME TAX
Date of Issue: 18/11/1999
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) read with clause (b) of the Explanation to section 36AC of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government on the recommendations of the National Committee, hereby approves the institutions mentioned in column (2) of the Table below and specifies the eligible projects or schemes and the estimated cost thereof as mentioned in column (3) of the said Table and also specifies in the column (4) of the said Table, the maximum amount of such cost which may be allowed as deduction under said section 35AC, namely:—
TABLE ——- S. Name of the Institutions Project or scheme and Maximum No. estimated cost thereof amount of cost to be allowed as deduction under section 35AC ——- (1) (2) (3) (4) ——- 1. Bhaorao Deoras Seva (a) Bhaorao Deoras Health Rs. 376.17 lakhs Nyas, Saraswathi Kunj, Science Institution,, Lucknow : Nirala Nagar, Lucknow- Purchase of land, construction 226020, (U.P.) of building and furnishing, purchase of vehicles, equipments, books and running of Health Science Institute with facilities like lecture hall, auditorium, staff quarters, office, computer room, lab, library, hostel; and
(b) Bhaorao Deoras Seva Nyas, Lucknow: Construction of building, purchase of instruments/equipments for Industrial Training Institute and Administrative Wing Instructors’ accommodation and construction of hostel and mess; at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh; likely to cost Rs. 376.17 lakhs
2. Sri Sathya Sai Central Drinking Water Supply Project Rs. 6,600 lakhs Trust, Prasanthi Nilayam, at Mahabubnagar and Medak Anantpur District, Districts of Andhra Pradesh; Andhra Pradesh. likely to cost Rs. 6,600 lakhs.
3. Srikakulam Vayodhikula Construction of building for old Rs. 28.93 lakhs Sangham, (Srikakulam age home complex at Elders Association), Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh; D.No. 7-6-44, Burravari likely to cost Rs. 28.63 lakhs. Thota, Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh-532001.
4. East & West Educational Maitree Project for promoting Rs. 48.50 lakhs. Society, Road No. 6/E, education and running of Rajendra Nagar, Patna- school building at Neora, 800016. Patna; likely to cost Rs. 87.50 lakhs
5. Manav Kalyan Trust- Construction of building, Rs. 109.50 lakhs. Vijalpore-Navsari, furniture, purchase of bus/ (including a Mamta Mandir, Dandi fixtures and running of welfare corpus fund of Kutch Marg, Vijalpore- and eminities centre for the Rs. 25 lakhs) Navsari-396450. physically handicapped at Vijalpore, Navsari; likely to cost Rs. 109.50 (including a corpus fund of Rs. 25 lakhs).
6. Rotary District 3010 Construction of building, Rs. 365 lakhs. Social Welfare Society, furnishing, purchase of M-143, Greater Kailash equipments for setting up Part-II, New Delhi- Rotary Blood Bank Project at 110048. Tughlakabad Institutional Area, New Delhi; likely to cost Rs. 365 lakhs.
7. The Tirunelveli Diocesan Construction of building, Rs. 150 lakhs Trust Association purchase of equipments/ (including corpus (TDTA), P.O. Box – 61, vehicle, furnishing and running fund of Rs. 100 Palayankottai-627002, of home for senior citizens at lakhs) Tamilnadu, Military Line, Church Campus, Palayamkottai, Tirunelvali, Tamilnadu; likely to cost Rs. 150 lakhs (including a corpus fund of Rs. 100 lakhs) ——-
2. This notification shall remain in force for a period of three years in relation to assessment years 2000-2001, 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 in respect of projects or schemes mentioned in the Table.
[F. No. NC-93/99]