1. Reference No_ includes BRN (Bank Reference Number), debit entry no., order no.: if any, and acknowledgment No of return in case of TDS TCS credit.
2. Tax period; if applicable, for any debit will be recorded, otherwise it will be left blank.
3. GS TIN of deductor or tax collector at source, Challan Identification Number (CIN) of the challan against which deposit has been made, and type of liability for which any debit has been made will also recorded under the head “description”.
4. Application no., if any, Show Cause Notice Number: Demand ID, pre- deposit for appeal or any other liability for which payment is being made will also be recorded under the head “description” .
5. Refund claimed from the ledger or any other debits made against any liability will be recorded accordingly.
6. Date and time of deposit is the date and time of generation of CIN as reported by bank.
7. ‘CGST’ stands for Central Goods and Services Tax; cSGST’ stands for State Goods and Services Tax; ‘UTGST: stands for Union territory Goods and Services Tax; ‘IGS7 st2thgt for Integrated Goods and Services Tax and Tess’ stands for Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States)
Note:- UTR stands for Unique Transaction Number for NEFT/ RTGS payment
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018