The Central Government issued the various notifications regarding the waiver of late fees in GSTR-3B, GSTR-4 for certain classes of taxpayer’s, Due date extension of ITC-01 and ITC-04, and Amendment in CGST Rules. Some of the brief points are mentioned below:
1. The Central Government hereby extends the time limit for making the declaration in FORM GST ITC-01 of the said rules, by registered persons who have filed the application in FORM GST-CMP-04 of the said rules between the 2nd day of March, 2018 and the 31st day of March, 2018, for a period of thirty days from the date of publication of this notification in the Official Gazette.
2. The Central Government on the recommendations of the Council, hereby waives the late fee paid under section 47 of the said Act, by the following classes of taxpayers:-
i. the registered persons whose return in FORM GSTR-3B of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 for the month of October, 2017, was submitted but not filed on the common portal, after generation of the application reference number;
ii. the registered persons who have filed the return in FORM GSTR-4 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 for the period October to December, 2017 by the due date but late fee was erroneously levied on the common portal;
iii. the Input Service Distributors who have paid the late fee for filing or submission of the return in FORM GSTR-6 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 for any tax period between the 1 st day of January, 2018 and the 23rd day of January, 2018.
3. The Central Government hereby extends the time limit for making the declaration in FORM GST ITC-04, in respect of goods dispatched to a job worker or received from a job worker or sent from one job worker to another, during the period from July, 2017 to June, 2018 till the 30th day of September, 2018.
4. In case of imported goods, the person in charge of a conveyance shall also carry a copy of the bill of entry filed by the importer of such goods and shall indicate the number and date of the bill of entry in Part A of FORM GST EWB-01.
5. Where the person instead of replying to the notice served under sub-rule (1) for contravention of the provisions contained in clause (b) or clause (c) of sub-section (2) of section 29, furnishes all the pending returns and makes full payment of the tax dues along with applicable interest and late fee, the proper officer shall drop the proceedings and pass an order in FORM GST-REG 20.”.
6. The *annual return of GST for the period 01.07.2017 to 31.03.2018 has been notified by the Government today i.e. 04.09.2018.
*GSTR-9- Annual Return
*GSTR-9A- Annual Return (For Composition Taxpayer)
Relevant GST Notifications Dated 04th September 2018
|CBIC extends time limit for making declaration in FORM GST ITC-01||Notification No. 42/2018–Central Tax [G.S.R. 834(E)]||04/09/2018|
|CBIC waives late fee for specified classes of taxpayers for Form GSTR-3B, GSTR-4 & GSTR-6||Notification No. 41/2018–Central Tax [G.S.R. 833(E)]||04/09/2018|
|CBIC extends time limit for making declaration in FORM GST ITC-04||Notification No. 40/2018–Central Tax [G.S.R. 832(E)]||04/09/2018|
|CBIC notifies Annual GST Return Forms||Notification No. 39/2018 – Central Tax [G.S.R. 831(E)]||04/09/2018|