SB Order No. 19/2021
F. No. FS-14/3/2020-FS
Government of India
Ministry of Communication
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
Dated :- 20/07/2021
All Head of Circles/Regions
Subject: – Amendment in Para xi of Part A of SB Order No 34/2020 regarding.
This office is receiving various representations from the depositors that post offices are forcing them for filling of fresh ‘Account Opening Form’ at the time of account closure/premature closure due to non availability/traceability of SB-3/AOF.
2. Para xi of Part A of SB Order No. 34/2020 dated 07. 10.2020 prescribed – Wherever SB-3 /AOF is not available, fresh AOF is to be obtained with fresh KYC documents and should be attached with account closure form and is to be sent to SBCO.
3. Keeping in view of difficulties being faced by the depositors and to avoid wastage of AOF, the competent authority has decided to amend Para xi of Part A of SB Order No. 34/2020 dated 07. 10.2020 as detailed below.
The Para xi of Part A of SB Order No. 34/2020 should be replaced with below text:-
xi) Wherever SB-3 /AOF is not traceable after making all efforts, SPM/APM shall write on the top of the Account Closure/Premature Closure form “Original SB-3/AOF is not traceable after making all efforts” and put No fresh/revised AOF is required in such cases.
Note: – 1. Incharge, SBCO concerned shall keep watch on such post offices which are in the habit of not attaching original SB-3/AOF and giving above certificate on account closure/premature closure form and will report to Divisional Head concerned about that post office for such irregularity.
2. Divisional Head concerned will conduct an inquiry for non preservation/maintenance/tracing of such an important record i.e. SB-3/AOF in that post office and take necessary action against erring official(s).
4. It is requested to circulate these amendments to all concerned for information, guidance and necessary action.
5. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Assistant Director (SB-II)
1. Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)
2. PS to Director General (Postal Services).
3. PPS/ PS to DG (Co-ordination)/Member (Banking)/ Member (O)/ Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/ Member (PLI)/ Member (Tech)/AS & FA
4. Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
5. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
6. Deputy Director General (Vigilance) & CVO) / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
7. Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
8. Director General P & T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
9. Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
10. All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
11 . Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
12. All Sections of Postal Directorate
13. All recognized Federations / Unions/ Associations
14. GM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post website.
15. MOF (DEA), NS-II, North Block, New Delhi.
16. Joint Director & HOD, ICCW Buliding, 4 Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi-1 10002
17. Guard File
18. Spare Copies.