SB Order No. 20/2021
eFile No. 113.01/2017-SB-I
Government of India
Ministry of Communication
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
Dated :- 20/07/2021
All Head of Circles/Regions
Subject: Abolition of Savings Bank Aptitude Test — Regarding.
The Savings Bank Allowance had been introduced on 01.05.1989, and was paid to the Postal Assistants working in the SB Branches of the Post Offices. The allowance was admissible only to those Postal Assistants who were selected to be posted in SB Branch having at least 5 years service with good record and pass the aptitude test / such other test as may be prescribed from time to time for posting in the SB Branch. The eligibility criterion in respect of minimum service requirement for attending SB Aptitude Test was revised as one year vide SB Order No. 16/2011 dated 23.08.2011. The said Saving Bank Allowance has been abolished in 7th CPC.
2. The issue has been examined in light of above Conducting SB Aptitude Test has not been found desirable in view of the present changed scenario due to implementation of Core Banking System, rationalization of counters due to introduction of Multi purpose counters and other factors. The competent authority has accordingly ordered for abolition of SB Aptitude Teat with immediate effect.
3. However, Circles are instructed to ensure that the officials engaged in POSB operation must have completed CBS/Finacle operation training including Induction training organized in PTC/RTC. Those officials posted in SB branches should also be specifically asked to keep checking www.indiapost.gov.in on regular basis for new SB Orders, amendments, latest circulars etc.
4. This may be circulated to all the Post Offices for information and necessary actions.
5. This is issued with the approval of the Competent Authority.
(T C JAYAN)
Asst. Director (SB-I)
1. Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)
2. PS to Director General Postal
3. PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co ordination)/Member (Banking)/Member (O)/Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/Member (PLI)/Member (Tech)/AS & FA
4. Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
5. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
6. Sr. Deputy Director General (Vig) & CVO) / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
7. Director, RAKNPA / CGM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
8. Director General P & T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
9. Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
10. All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
11. Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
12. All recognized Federations / Unions / Associations
13. The Under Secretary, MOF (DEA), NS II Section, North Block, New Delhi.
14. The Joint Director & HOD, National Savings Institute, ICCW Building, 4 Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi 110002
15. GM, CEPT, Mysuru for uploading the order on the India Post website.
16. Guard File
(T C VIJAYAN)
Asst. Director (SB-I)