Office Of The Commissioner Of Customs (Ns-I),
Appraising Main (Import),Jawahar Lal Nehru Custom House,
Nhava- Sheva, Tal-Uran, Raigad-400707,Maharashtra
(e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Telephone No.022-27244979)
F. No. S/22-Gen- 20/2020-21/AM (I)/JNCH
Sub: Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for drawl of samples and surveillance by BIS Officers at Ports of Entry- reg.
Attention of all the officers and staff of JNCH is invited to the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for BIS Officers for Surveillance at Ports of Entry issued vide ref: FMCD/11:12 dated 20.07.2020.
2. The said SOP describes detailed procedure and responsibilities of BIS officers for Surveillance of Products imported with Standard Mark in India through Ports of entry in order to assess quality of standard marked product imported in India. For the said purpose designated BIS officers will be posted in major ports for surveillance and drawl of random sample from the consignment received at the ports of entry across the country.
3. Detailed procedures as enumerated in the said SOP are as follows:-
|Sl. No.||Process/ Activity||Responsibility|
|1.||Information regarding consignment: Information regarding consignment of certified materials received at various ports will be provided to the officer posted at Port by FMCD after receiving from the foreign licensee. Based on the inputs from FMCD and other information, the officer posted at Port would tag/flag the consignment from which samples will be collected, after visual inspection.||FMCD / Officer posted at Port|
|2.||Inspection and Sampling Process :
(i) The visual inspection of the consignment will include:
i. Labeling/marking/packing requirements applicable for the product as per BIS (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018, and the product specific labelling requirements, given in the relevant Standard and SIT/PM;
ii. Valid remaining shelf life of the product (if applicable) for testing at the time of sampling;
iii. Whether variety is covered in the scope of licence;
iv. Test certificate issued by the manufacturer, where applicable showing conformity to relevant Indian Standard for the lot/batch/consignment supplied
|Officer posted at Port|
|3.||Intimation of consignment details to Customs for Inspection and Sampling and drawl of samples:
(i) The information of consignment from which sample to be drawn, would be conveyed to customs.
(ii) After the visual examination, labelling related compliances and after ensuring the remaining balance shelf life, the officer shall draw samples.
(iii) The quantity of sample shall be as per BIS Guideline/Product Manual/Indian Standard.
(iv) The sealed and labelled Sample shall be kept at the port after masking the Licence number/Name of Licensee etc. wherever possible, under the jurisdiction of the BIS Port officer till receipt of test request and other details from FMCD.
(v) The details of sample drawn shall be sent to FMCD for issuance of test request.
|Officer posted at Port|
|4||Test Request and Dispatch of Sample: The test request shall be prepared by FMCD and sent to officer at ports for dispatch of sample.||FMCD/ Officer posted at Port|
|5||Logistic arrangement: The logistic arrangement for sending of sample to designated Laboratory and necessary support to be provided by FMCD.||FMCD /Officer posted at Port|
|6||Testing: The dealing officer (DO) at FMCD will follow-up with Lab and provide clarifications (if any) to the Lab. After receipt of test report, the DO will take action as per the guideline.||FMCD|
4. Difficulty, if any, faced in implementation of this Standing Order may be brought to the notice of the Addl. /Joint Commissioner (Appraising Main (Import)) through email at email@example.com.
(Sunil Kumar Mall)
Commissioner of Customs (NS-I)
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/NS-I/NS-II/NS-III/NSAudit/NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional/Joint/Dy./Asstt. Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Sections/Group of NS-G/NS-I/NS-II/NS-III/NS-Audit/NS-V, JNCH.
5. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.