F. No. 450/148/2015-Cus IV(Pt.II)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs)
Room No. 229A, North Block.
New Delhi, dated the 30th of December, 2020
All Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners of Customs/ Customs (Preventive),
All Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners of Customs & Central tax,
All Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs/ Customs (Preventive),
All Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs & Central tax.
Subject: Implementation of PGA eSANCHIT– Paperless Processing under SWIFT-Uploading of Licenses/Permits/Certificates/Other Authorizations (LPCOs) by PGAs – reg.
CBIC’s eSANCHIT application is successfully in operation since 01.04.2018. Aimed at further reducing physical interface between Customs/regulatory agencies and the trade and to increase the speed of clearance in both imports & exports, this application provides a facility to upload digitally signed Licenses/Permits/Certificates/Other Authorizations (LPCOs) by Participating Government Agencies (PGAs) at all ICES locations across India. In this regard, kindly refer to Board’s Circulars No. 44/2018-Cus. dated 13.11.2018, No.13/2019-Cus. dated 03.06.2019, No.19/2019-Cus. dated 16.07.2019, No.03/2020-Cus dated 15.01.2020, No.11/2020-Cus. dated 10.02.2020 and No. 24/2020 dated 14.05.2020. Already 51 PGAs have been enabled for uploading their LPCOs on eSANCHIT. Reference is also invited to Circular No. 55/2020-Customs dated 17.12.2020 vide which Board has decided that w.e.f. 15.01.2021, the supporting documents for justification of claim of duty exemption notification or fulfilment of a CCR requirement etc, shall be mandatorily required to be uploaded in eSANCHIT along with the Bills of Entry.
2. Now, 2 more PGA namely Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI) and Export Promotion Council for EOUs & SEZs (EPCES) with their LPCOs as detailed below are being brought on board eSANCHIT platform. With this, the total number of PGAs on Board eSANCHIT as on date becomes 53.
|Document Name||Document Description and
Name of the PGA
|1||861TP1||Certificate of Origin
|Certificate of origin (Non-preferential) is issued by Trade Promotion Council of India for certifying goods of India origin.||TPCI|
|Membership Certificate issued
by Export Promotion Council for
EOUs & SEZs.
3. Since the facility to upload the LPCOs is now being fully made available to above two PGAs, the beneficiaries (importer/exporters) and customs brokers would not be allowed to upload the previously issued LPCOs on eSANCHIT w.e.f. 15.01.2021. However, it may so happen that a beneficiary in possession of an already issued LPCO has so far not uploaded it. Since such uploading (by the beneficiary) would not be possible after 15.01.2021, to facilitate the beneficiaries, the above two PGAs are required to upload the LPCOs issued by them during the last 15 days from above cut-off date. Additionally, if requested by a beneficiary, LPCOs issued on a prior date may also be uploaded by the above two PGAs on eSANCHIT.
4. It is reiterated that the PGA will be communicating with the beneficiaries through the e-mail addresses registered on ICEGATE. Board had also introduced simplified auto registration process on ICEGATE based on email ids already provided by them for registration under GST without the use of digital signatures for limited purposes of eSANCHIT (communication and viewing) and the IRNs will be communicated to such email ids. In this regard, kindly refer to Board’s Circular No.35/2018 Cus. dated 01.10.2018 and Circular No. 14/2019-Cus. dated 03.06.2019. Since the facility of beneficiary uploading these documents on eSANCHIT will be deactivated from 01.2021, beneficiary registration is of utmost importance. Hence, all the formations are requested to reach out to the beneficiaries to ensure that correct email addresses are reflected in the ICEGATE. Special efforts may be taken for wide publicity in this regard.
5. All Pr.Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners of Customs are requested to issue public notices. Feedback and queries, if any, may be sent by email to [email protected]
6. Any difficulties, in this regard, may be brought to the notice of the Board.
(Eric. C. Lallawmpuia)