ICEGATE has now introduced simplified auto registration for IEC holders based on the email ids already provided by them for registration under GST. Detailed advisory on the same has been placed on the ICEGATE web portal. The simplified procedure does away with the requirement of the digital signature.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs)
Dated: 3rd June, 2019
All Principal Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners of Customs, Customs & Central Taxes and Customs (Preventive).
All Principal Commissioners/Commissioners of Customs, Customs & Central Taxes and Customs (Preventive)
All Participating Government Agencies (PGAs)
I am directed to refer to Board’s circular No. 35/2018 dated 01.10.2018 wherein it was stated that CBIC was working towards bringing all the Participating Government Agencies (PGAs) under eSANCHIT and enable PGAs who issue Licenses, Permits, Certificates and Other Authorizations (LPCOs) to upload the documents themselves instead of importer/exporter. The IRN of the uploaded documents would be communicated to the beneficiary importer/exporter for quoting the same in their declaration. The importers, exporters, Customs Brokers and other beneficiaries transacting with Customs were, therefore, requested to come forward and register on ICEGATE Portal. A detailed procedure was also made available for this purpose.
2. However, the response from the trade has not been encouraging. The matter was examined in consultation with the Directorate General of Systems. For successful implementation of PGA-eSANCHIT, it is essential that beneficiaries are registered with ICEGATE portal. Once the facility of uploading the LPCOs on eSANCHIT by PGAs is implemented, the beneficiaries will not be allowed to upload the same themselves. Out of 48 PGAs, nodal officers of around 29 PGAs have registered with ICEGATE and will commence uploading LPCOs shortly.
3. It was reported that one of the bottlenecks in registration was the requirement of Digital Signature Certificate of beneficiaries. For the effective implementation of PGAeSANCHIT and other planned enquiries and interactions, it was decided to simplify the registration process on ICEGATE for those importers and exporters that do not intend to do any filing of documents through ICEGATE and would use the login only as an information and interaction portal.
4. Accordingly, ICEGATE has now introduced simplified auto registration for IEC holders based on the email ids already provided by them for registration under GST. Detailed advisory on the same has been placed on the ICEGATE web portal. The simplified procedure does away with the requirement of the digital signature. However, as has been stated above, digital signature would be required in case the IEC holder intends to file any declarations (BE, SB, eSeal manifest etc.) with Customs. Further, the communication of the IRNs pertaining to LPCOs uploaded by PGAs will also be made to the beneficiaries through the email ids used for ICEGATE registration.
5. The registration of importers and exporters will also enable direct access to information related to their consignments for which DG(Systems) is providing several enquiries under their login. The importers and exporters will get intimation about the status of their consignments and PDF copies of their declarations on their registered email ids. The option of replying to the queries raised by Customs officers, including those raised during post clearance audit. has also been provided under the login of the IEC holder so as to avoid the necessity of submitting the same physically at the Service Centre.
6. The importers and exporters operating in your jurisdiction may be asked to immediately register themselves, if not done already, so as to avail of the above benefits. All the field formations in your jurisdiction may also be sensitized in this regard and asked to issue suitable Trade notices.
(Maninder Kumar) OSD (Cus-IV)