Circular No. 55/2002-Customs
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Excise & Customs
28th August, 2002.
Subject : Possession of valid documents for Indians entering Nepal and prohibition on carrying Indian currency notes of Rs. 500/- denomination in Nepal- reg.
The undersigned is directed to enclose certain ‘Do’s’ and ‘Don’t s’ advised by the Ministry of External Affairs with a view to facilitate the visit of traveller from India to Nepal.
2. In order to ensure that Indian nationals entering Nepal are not inconvenienced for the reason of not carrying necessary prescribed documents or for taking prohibited currency notes inadvertently or unknowingly along with them, you are requested to give wide publicity to the contents of the enclosed travel advisory.
3. You are also requested to put up notices at prominent places, highlighting the enclosed advisory at the Airports and Land Customs Stations under your charge. Any other additional information which you may consider necessary for traveller to Nepal to know could be suitably incorporated in the said notice.
4. Kindly acknowledge receipt of this Circular.
Encl: Annexures I & II.
OFFICER ON SPECIAL DUTY (LC)
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL INDIANS ENTERING THE KINGDOM OF NEPAL :
Please carry any identification card of being an Indian, i.e.:-
Valid Passport; or Photo identity card of Central/State Govt./Union Territory; or Voter’s identification card from Election Commission of India; orValid Driving Licence.For Indian vehicles entering Nepal:
Carry original and valid Registration Certificate, Insurance documents and Driving Licence;
Pay temporary importation duty and other taxes at the first point of entry into Nepal. Obtain receipts for all payments and temporary registration number plate (which are required to be shown at subsequent check posts); and Display temporary registration number plate prominently on the Indian vehicle.Embassy of India, Kathmandu – 00977-1-410900, 414990 and 411699.Embassy of India, Pension Paying Office, Pokhara -In case of any difficulty in Nepal, contact the following telephone numbers:00977-61-20240.Embassy of India, Pension Paying Office, Dharan -00977-25-20297.
1. Do not carry Indian currency notes of Rs. 500/- denomination, as the possession of these notes is punishable under laws of Nepal.
2. Do not carry any arms and ammunition.
———————–As per requirement——————
Text in Hindi
Text in English